Story: Quark gets its first real tactical situation usage, it was buggy

hoongern

Enlightened
I had actually gone to bed, but after this happened, I thought I'd post.

I turned off my bedroom light, and lay down in bed as usual. Then, just for fun, I lit up my Quark AA Tactical in moonlight (I do it often enough, just because.) and shone around my room. Then, on my wall, a couple of feet above my head, I noticed a dark spot. Now, I can't see that well without my glasses, so I twisted it on to max mode, and guess what I see? A BIG BLACK COCKROACH!

You don't need to know the rest of the gruesome tale, but I can tell you that the cockroach is no longer moving.

If not for my Quark, I wouldn't have seen it, and who knows, it may have decided to visit me later on in my dreams! (Well, I guess, I could've seen it with my LF2XT and not my Quark, which I also play around after I have turned off the lights and gone to sleep)

A minute later, while checking around my room, I accidentally dropped my Quark onto the floor, about 3 feet, onto the bezel. Not a dent at all, still working perfectly.

Boy, these things come in useful all over. Never thought it would light up a cockroach when I least expected it, though!

Back to sleep now :wave:

p.s. It wasn't nearly as dramatic as I may have made it out to be - just for the fun of the story =) It wasn't that scary, and I just grabbed a can of bugspray and sprayed it. No, I didn't strobe it and then use my Fenix PD30's "strike" bezel to hit it.

prof

Enlightened
After I read the title (but before I read the post), I thought the quark had failed somehow. Glad to see that was not the case. I like those lights.

Ajay

Enlightened
A BIG BLACK COCKROACH!

Hey Hoongern that was funny:crackup:

You have those massive 3 inch monsters there in Malaysia? I grew up in the Caribbean and those FLYING creatures scare the heck out of me.

Just yesterday I had a similar encounter at 1am with some kind of centipede creature in my home....he is no longer with us either:) I was using my D10 at the time.

hoongern

Enlightened
Dang! And here I was expecting you to say you turned it into a QuarkRoach!!! sorry sorry sorry.....

QuarkRoach indeed!!! Good one - should've thought of that!

Hey Hoongern that was funny:crackup:

You have those massive 3 inch monsters there in Malaysia? I grew up in the Caribbean and those FLYING creatures scare the heck out of me.

Just yesterday I had a similar encounter at 1am with some kind of centipede creature in my home....he is no longer with us either:) I was using my D10 at the time.

Well, ok, it wasn't THAT big, maybe just under 2 inches =D But, otherwise the story wouldn't have been as good with a "SMALL BLACK 'QUARK'-ROACH", would it?

Btw, does anyone else play around with their lights after they have gone to bed? I imagine that if you're married, that may not go so well....?

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Would have been an even better story if you'd turned it on to max and fried the little creepy-crawly :poof:

Guess we'll have to wait for the Quark Double Turbo :devil:

hoongern

Enlightened
Would have been an even better story if you'd turned it on to max and fried the little creepy-crawly :poof:

Guess we'll have to wait for the Quark Double Turbo :devil:

Haha, I'm getting a [kind of] hot-wire incan in a couple days, maybe I'll try it with a magnifying glass and see what 500 bulb lumens does! (Really, should leave it to those running 7000 lumen hotwires or HIDs!) Or would that be plain mean?

What, no evasive maneuvers?

Does jumping out of my bed count? :D

Moonshadow

Enlightened
What, you mean like the Maelstrom? :thinking:
Actually I was thinking of something with a bit more poke:

Bezel loose: Low - Medium - High

Bezel tight: Turbo - Flame thrower :poof:

hoongern: 7000 lumens in one focused burst - that's more like it :thumbsup:

Last edited:

strinq

Enlightened
hoongern, are u member of the lyn flashaholic community in Malaysia?
Was wondering if u are. If yes, mind sharing ur nick over there? If not, u can always pm me for details, we've had a few gatherings. :)

ccryder

Newly Enlightened
Mine lights up all the little corners and crevices around my plant when I do my walk around every morning. Yep I see all sorts of things scurring around when they get illuminated.

When I get home I'll scan the back yard to check for big critters and I usually see many green eyes glowing in the bush.

Boss Hogg

Newly Enlightened
I turned off my bedroom light, and lay down in bed as usual. Then, just for fun, I lit up my Quark AA Tactical in moonlight (I do it often enough, just because.) and shone around my room.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that "lights up" for fun. On a side note I just saw a documentary on cockroaches last weekend. Although I'm no fan of them they are amazing critters that are adept at so many different things...best escape artists I know.