• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Pre-payment for the HAIII black SF-III. ENDED!

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to do a small run of 20pcs SF-III's in HA III black as I have enough parts left over from the SF-III run here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/226279 In the earlier run, I had to make extras of mineral glass lenses, DC/DC converters, micro processor boards, o-rings, reflectors, LED's, tailcap switches and boots. The only part I am missing are the bodies. This run will not take as long as the original run. I've already spoke with my machinist and upon sending payment, I was told the lead time would be 6 weeks. So to be on the safe side, I am going to say 10 weeks for delivery.

Ever since titanium bezels were made in the earlier run, I've been asked by several members on the earlier list as well as members who completely missed out, to do a run with a titanium bezel included. These 20pcs (10pcs of each in the standard barrel and combat grip) will be the last of the SF-III series I will ever make. The name of the light will be milled into the bezel instead of the usual laser engraving and will be marked with "LE" as they will be a limited edition. The specs of the SF-III is the same as the earlier run. It will have the same 3 levels of light with memory. I would like to ask that payment be pre-paid. If the deadline of 10 weeks is not met, I will issue a full refund. The 10 weeks will start once the pre-payment is closed.

$560.00 will be the pre-pay price which includes: titanium scalloped bezel, carrying case and, express mail shipping. I will offer a choice on the LED as I have received several e-mails and PM's from members wanting an Ostar 15 watt LED as well as other LED's. I have posted the choices below. The 15 watt LED will be under-driven due to running only 2 x CR123's or RCR123's. Its not recommended to run an 18650. Please send your payment to: arcmania (at) hotmail (dot) com Make sure to include your complete shipping address and what you are paying for.

Here are the choices plus pricing:

Cool white Ostar SMT (PZ in brightness) = standard
Cool white 15 watt Ostar (QZ in brightness) = + $55.00
Cool white\warm white Cree MC-E (M in brightness or better) = standard
Infrared Ostar = + $120.00
Cool white Luminus SST-50 (WJ in brightness) = $75.00

I will put up more details soon and update some of the writing above as I am having a hard time functioning from sniffing too much lead from soldering earlier. No need to send payment as a gift. It will be nice to receive payment as a gift but will be up to you. Will post more on this later.

Here are pictures of the SF-III from the earlier run to give you an idea of what it looks like. You'll have to temporarily use your imagination to make out the SF-III in HA III black :)

2h87i0x.jpg

rkvg4y.jpg

14ca4jb.jpg

I will put up more details soon and update some of the writing above as I am having a hard time functioning from sniffing too much lead from soldering earlier. No need to send payment as a gift. It will be nice to receive payment as a gift but will be up to you. Will post more on this later.

Standard grip list.

1. proline - 15 watt Ostar
2. proline - 15 watt Ostar
3. E-J-J - 15 watt Ostar BA
4. Zeissoem - Flood Monster
5. Henk_Lu - Flood Monster
6. The Voice of Reason - Flood Monster
7. Flyhigh - Flood Monster module
8. gjg - ti scalloped bezel only
9. rkJr
10.andyfrasier - Flood Monster *

Combat grip list:

1. proline - 15 watt Ostar
2. proline - 15 watt Ostar
3. Henk_Lu - 15 watt Ostar
4. E-J-J
7. Ghostreaction
8. Ghostreaction
9. rkJr - 15 watt Ostar
11. Olaf 15 - watt Ostar

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Pre-payment for the HAIII black SF-III.

Great that the two bodies are made! :twothumbs

I'll stick to the 4-dice LED, as I want to run it on an 18650 and I preffer my LEDs being driven hard... :naughty: The beam of the 15W is well floody though.

What is the expected runtime on an 18650 (2600mAh)? I guess a litle less than 1 hour and I hope AW flat tops will work...

I'm really looking forward to this light, the only MC-E in my collection, the last only one was sold, too long, lousy built quality, UI that I didn't like. This looks different in each way!!! lovecpf

Olaf_S

Enlightened

Hi Mike,

from the Combat grip list for me please.
Ostar 15 watt LED

PM coming

Thanks
Greetings
Olaf

SCblur

Enlightened

In layman's terms (I'm no expert), what is the difference between the two LED options? brightness, beam pattern, etc...

also, will the titanium bezel be in addition to the normal bezel, or will it be the only bezel included?

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

SCblur: The difference between the Ostar SMT and 15 watt Ostar LED is that the Ostar SMT has only four dies, has a clear glass flat top and produces a tight beam with side spill. The 15 watt Ostar has six dies, has a diffused silicone dome and produces a floody beam pattern. Hope this helps.

List updated. Sorry if I am a bit slow updating.

ARC mania

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I change my light to the 15W Ostar as I had the chance to get another light from the first wave, which has the Ostar SMT of course. I'll have a nice couple of lights there! :sssh:

:paypal: for the difference!

The Voice of Reason

Newly Enlightened

This looks like a beautiful piece of engineering. From what I can see, the man himself is also very dedicated and conscientious. Top marks!

As a relative babe around here (in terms of flashlight experience, not looks :thinking:), I was just wondering how the output of the Ostar 6-die emitter compares with something like an SST-50.

If my question is more appropriate for another thread, mods please feel free to move it, if it is seen to be clogging this sales thread.

delboy

Newly Enlightened

can i have a combat grip with 15W Ostar .

#7 if poss

pm sent

delboy

Newly Enlightened

haha you need to stop sniffing that solder :naughty:

its suppose to be 15W ostar with combat grip :cool:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

delboy: Sorry your right. Even though my workroom is heavily ventilated, I still end up sniffing that stuff. Corrected.

ARC mania

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

This looks like a beautiful piece of engineering. From what I can see, the man himself is also very dedicated and conscientious. Top marks!

As a relative babe around here (in terms of flashlight experience, not looks :thinking:), I was just wondering how the output of the Ostar 6-die emitter compares with something like an SST-50.

If my question is more appropriate for another thread, mods please feel free to move it, if it is seen to be clogging this sales thread.

Check out post #605 here:https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/226279&page=21
qarawol provided some nice shots comparing his SFV with the 15w Ostar and his SFIII SMT and a few others.
More focused with the SMT(4 die), more flood with the 15w(6 die). The 15w puts out more in the SFV because of the 4 cell configuration(and 2 more dies) but will be driven a bit lower in the SFIII because of the 2 cell configuration. The 15w does provide a beautiful wall of light but if throw is your game then go with the SMT. The choice comes down to application or preferance.

one2tim

Enlightened

Check out post #605 here:https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/226279&page=21
qarawol provided some nice shots comparing his SFV with the 15w Ostar and his SFIII SMT and a few others.
More focused with the SMT(4 die), more flood with the 15w(6 die). The 15w puts out more in the SFV because of the 4 cell configuration(and 2 more dies) but will be driven a bit lower in the SFIII because of the 2 cell configuration. The 15w does provide a beautiful wall of light but if throw is your game then go with the SMT. The choice comes down to application or preferance.

I maby be wrong but dont think the 6 die led was shown there, you mistake it with some old Superflashlight V

ivanchek

Newly Enlightened

I maby be wrong but dont think the 6 die led was shown there, you mistake it with some old Superflashlight V

I think the Superflashlight V has/ did have a 6 die Ostar in it. Please correct me if im wrong.

This is actually a good comparison for those who don't know which LED to get in their new SF-III. The SMT will throw very well, and the 6 die Ostar will provide excellent flood; keep in mind (as luxlunatic mentioned) that the 6 die Ostar in the SF-III will be slightly less powerfull than the 6 die Ostar in the pic of the Superflashlight V on turbo (less batteries, therefore slighly less driven).

Again, correct me if im wrong, but the SF-III and Superflashlight V even have the same reflector.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

The SFV may have been released over 2 years ago but that "old" light houses a 1000 lumen, 6 die Ostar LED, showing how Mike's builds are ahead of thier time, and Mike's connections to unobtanium LEDs. :grin2:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Again, correct me if im wrong, but the SF-III and Superflashlight V even have the same reflector.

I believe that is the same reflector used for both LEDs, if not, very similar, same diameter and depth.
Here is a comparo shot of a SFIII on top and a SFV on bottom.
SFVSFIIIcomparo.jpg

Now, back on topic!

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry I haven't set a cut off date yet. Will do so soon. Need to get back again to shipping and packing of the previous SF-III's. List updated.

ARC mania

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Updated the choices for LED's. You now have 5 types of LED's to choose from.

ARC mania

:faint: :faint: :faint:

You're killing us...

Neutral white MCE! Is that my dream? :D

If you use IMR cells I suppose the 15W Ostar will be the most powerfull emitter? The SST50 from Luminus sonds very interesting as well. Could you please tell us some more about the differences of these two emitters in terms of output and floody beam?

qarawol

Enlightened

<Posted with permission from ARC mania>

To those who do not know by now… I too make special custom leather holsters. Since I received my New Style SF-III body way back when, I have been toying with this idea.

Well folks! A New Flashlight deserves a New Leather Holster. Going from my 'auto tilt' design to this… Only a selected few were able to see the UNIQUE holster I made for the ARC mania Mega Extreme/Surefire 3P. It was so advanced that a video had to be made about it. This same concept has been used to make one for the NEW Black SF-III.

MANY hours were needed just to draw this concept up… and with the use of 5 layers of leather, MANY MANY more hours were needed to make it work. 100% hand made. *It's not like I eat some leather and within a day or two, out comes this special holster. Besides, if it worked that way, trust me, you wouldn't want it. That would be literally pulling it out of my @$$. mmm… tasty leather - chomp – chomp – chomp - VIOLA! Here's your holster! … did ya get a nice visual?*

I was going to share the video I made for the ME II/Surefire 3P so that you would get the know how on how the holster works. A video for a holster you say…??? YUP! I'll post it when I shoot a new vid with this holster.

If I do make these (fingers crossed) anyone interested? No commitments needed just yet for no one knows what the finished product would look like or the cost. No special order requests; I still have past orders to fill. This is only for the ones who purchase a NEW Black SF-III from this thread. Please know that I am still going through a higher crisis here at home for the wife was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year and sad to say… now her mother has/had breast cancer. She recently just had the lumpectomy.

Now, for some pictures of it in the making. Keep in mind that this IS NOT a finished product for it is the prototype. Some markings are visible and no color or trim work has been applied. Subject to change as needed.

100_1806.jpg

100_1808.jpg

These pictures show how small the head wrap is. The tail barely fits in there - see the tail bulge? The head is much larger and that again shows I do not just wet mold it to fit. This procedure is not an easy task my friends. Notice how the backing in not wider then the head? Look how tight the stitching is now after stretched.

100_1811.jpg

100_1812.jpg

Many had a concern of my open design for the Flashlight could get damaged if rubbed against a block wall or such = True. Well, it has now been resolved. You now have an option of my open design with the retaining strap around the body…

100_1822.jpg

A full flap closure…

100_1824.jpg

100_1830.jpg

Or both…

100_1825.jpg

This is user selectable. The body retaining strap or the full flap can be easily removed on the fly. At least one retaining method must be used though…

100_1832.jpg

A beam shaper filter has been installed in the holster to protect the window and give the beam pattern a softer flood beam. The light can still be used while holstered EVEN WITH the full closure strap AND the rubber switch button being recessed in the tail. I told you I was good. :naughty:

100_1821.jpg

The knurling on this badboy really likes to bite into the leather. Any slight angle when pulled out… it grabs. The SF-III will fall out on its own if the holster is inverted though. I do know that if you slightly twist the Flashlight while pulling it out, no problem. I don't want to coat the inside with anything hard for over time, it will just be filed off by the knurling. This is something I need to look into or may just have to twist and pull. I also plan on making them with my auto tilt feature.

Video link... SuperFlashlight III Leather Holster. View it full screen and turn up the volume. Let it buffer first if a slow connection.

Njoy…

Last edited: