Alright yall have corrupted me

tacoma_09

Newly Enlightened
I have been on here for a couple days now and i just made my first purchase. I got a fenix tk40. I have heard alot of good stuff about this light and i hope it treats me well. I never once thought about me but a 100+ dollar light. I got it off flashlight gear for 123.00 + free shipping+batteries. I think that is a pretty good deal what yall think. Alright i also bought some rechargable batt(4 pack of Sanyo 277265 Eneloop Power Pack with Battery Charger, 8 AA & 2 AAA Batteries Plus 4 C & 4 D Size Adapter (CostCo Kit #2)
Maha PowerEx MH-C808M Ultimate Professional Charger - Battery charger 8xAA/AAA/C/D >

[3 hotlinked images deleted - DM51]

Will this feed my tk? any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

ab1ht

Newly Enlightened
While I don't have a TK-40, I think that will do the trick.

Also, WE didn't corrupt YOU. We simply activated the gene.

You have been assimilated.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
31VDSAmYe1L._SX100_.jpg
Maha PowerEx MH-C808M Ultimate Professional Charger - Battery charger 8xAA/AAA/C/D

Good choice of charger. I have one and love it.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Will this feed my tk? any suggestions?

Looks pretty good, though you might want to have another 8 Eneloops for a backup battery set. You can also get convenient holders for 8 AA cells, not sure if any of those will be thrown in with your order or not. The charger is a good choice, I have the AA/AAA version and it's nice. I wish I had seen the AAA/AA/C/D version when I was buying it though!

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard.

Yep, you're off to a great start there and your TK40 will be fed well. In my experimentation with mine the Eneloops were the only batteries that enabled it to reach its full output potential. In an emergency, cheap alkaline batteries will work though, but turbo mode won't blow you away like it will with the Eneloops. I'm sure that you'll be impressed by the TK40's performance though. Please post your thoughts here when you get everything.

Now the question is, can you stop at just one flashlight? :D

Last edited:

tacoma_09

Newly Enlightened
i dont think i will be able too. i already want a smaller one for my taclight pants. The tk will just be in the bag when i take it out on a call. maybe a 225 lumen?

tacoma_09

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about that. I will let yall know as soon as i get to use it how it is .

LightCannon

Enlightened
i dont think i will be able too. i already want a smaller one for my taclight pants. The tk will just be in the bag when i take it out on a call. maybe a 225 lumen?
Sounds like a job for an EagleTac or a Dereelight. The Solarforce L2 series should be suitable as well.

Apollo Cree

Enlightened
I just counted. I'm sitting in my recliner next to my computer. Without getting out of the chair reach, I can reach 19 LED flashlights, one LED "stickup" light, and one combination LED light/laser pointer.

Q: What's wrong with me?

A: Obviously, I need more flashlights.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
well...i used to think i was the only one with this gene...now that i have CPF i know that i am not alone...unfortunately i also now know where to go to indulge this addiction...my poor wallet

ab1ht

Newly Enlightened
I just counted. I'm sitting in my recliner next to my computer. Without getting out of the chair reach, I can reach 19 LED flashlights, one LED "stickup" light, and one combination LED light/laser pointer.

Q: What's wrong with me?

Clearly, you need more incans in the mix.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely more incans. As it has been said here,"LED lights impress, but Incan lights satisfy!".

An excellent collection of Incan lights, especially rechargeable ones that use AW18650 Li-Ion cells and WA1185 bulbs are truly a thing of beauty. (My FM Megalennium Light fits the bill perfectly!)

Also, look into lights that can use the Lumens Factory lamp assemblies. Many Surefires use rechargeable Li-Ion cells and Lumens Factory LA's.

Pila lights and Wolf Eyes lights are also excellent choices. Not quite on the same level as Surefire, but still very highly recommended, good quality, very useful, and less expensive to buy and use.

Good luck, enjoy your "hobby", and welcome to "HOTEL CPF"!:D

Last edited: