List of Lights I think I will buy next year..

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
im getting comfortable with my collection. most of my definate needs have been filled. so now i am likey to be more focused into more
1. cool factor. (ti, ss, coatings etc)
2. backup to existing ones.
3. going for smaller size.
4. upgrading my EDC to better one..

but they really need to be clear upgrades to my existing ones. the tint must be right, the ui needs to beat the ones i have, the runtimes must bump up alot, brightness too as just 10% more wont be enough.

basically i think it needs to be one heck of a light that could persuade me to really take it to the edc role uness its warm tint! hah. (ti quark is still in shelf as the warm version is used.. the tint the tint the tint!)

few lights i know i am thinking of buying..
the list looks alot shorter now than few months ago..

*Lummi Raw AL, SS or NS with warm tint and tritiums. (just waiting when/if Rob gets his act together before ordering one)
*Ti quark tactical ticles my nerve as i have the regular already.
*any other affordable TI light also.
*itp eos SS (as my user has loud buzz sound)
*zebralight h501 (old one was stolen from me so i look for w model)
*zebralight sidecliky models intrigue me just like itp sa series. (the tint?)
*maglite ROP or similar. (still havent made one and need incan too)
*HID dont have one.
*anglelight like fenix. (if it only had a warm tint.)
*anything with truly innovative ui makes me look hard at them.
*anyone making my ideal edc flashlight gets my money.. (the thread i made early this year as a newb.. and i still could stand by it today. so my demands havent changed much since beginning.)

rather short indeed.. hmm all these together might be something in 600$ range. half of what i spent this year. yeah. that sounds good.. spend less in addiction.. just refine it!

Gatsby

Enlightened
My goal is - none!

I just upgraded my Novatac 120P with a K2 - it is a screamer so I'm pretty happy with it.

I am moving forward with a few projects at the end of this year to get my setup fine tuned:

Surefire 6PL - getting it bored for 18650 and upgraded to a McClicky to serve as a host for an as yet undetermined Nailbender drop in (thinking about getting a real flamethrower - SST50 perhaps).

Milky Creemator - I'm going to get the software upgraded I believe and am thinking about a 17670 body (would sure love a FiveMega 18650 body but those disappear too fast) and perhaps a different 1xRCR123 body.

I think that with that selection of lights I should be good to go for some time...

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only need 3 lights and already have them. Currently I have:

1. Maratac AAA (shirt pocket/keychain/wallet/backup/dress up light)

2. Akoray K-106 (work/car/outdoor light)

3. Zebralight H501 (all in one light)

New lights will most likely be:

1. Hopefully an upgraded version the LiteFlux FL2XT (no more 3 mode twisty lights for me)

2. Zebralight new AA flashlight (smaller than the K-106; has side clicky and an amazing UI)

3. Zebralight new headlamp with reflector. If it has enough throw, I might not have to buy the the AA flashlight.

That's it. Nothing fancy pansy here, just updated versions of the current stuff -- and always with a big emphasis on pocket EDC.

Last edited:

strinq

Enlightened
If my finances stabilize by next year a few lights came into mind...

1. HID
2. Maelstrom (if it lives up to it's hype)
3. A good AA light (probably will wait for newer warm emitters)
4. A surefire (just for the heck of it)
5. A solid headlamp

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Titanium Innovations (batteryjunction) L70 HID. There is confirmation that it's in the works! :devil:

Well driven SST 50 and SST 90 lights, perhaps M@gmods, or maybe production lights.

Neutral Cree XP-G light using an 18650 with full regulation in a slim profile. (without an annoying cycle thru 5 mode UI... preferably a fully customizable UI like Liteflux or an IBS selector ring, etc.)

A couple custom builds that I've been waiting to happen for what seems like almost a year...

And whatever holds the newest insane emitter of 2010. Cree XR-G? Cree MC-G? Something from LumiLEDs? A new SSC package? I'm personally hoping for a major increase in surface brightness and an increase in high CRI/ 4500K color temp LED efficiency.

I'm going to be a poor man!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My list will be rather short but very specific!

This year the keychain light EO1 is being replaced with an IlluminaTi so I can have EDC stuff handled on a keychain light (and Titanium bling!) My Quark Turbo AA2 is my bike light which I love and it gives me all I need. So what is left?

Love my D10 Q5 as the UI, light output, durability and runtimes work well for me. Improvements would be less rings, wider hotspot, a few more lumens and a warmer tint. Cree does have 110 lumen per watt warm XP-Gs coming down the pipe so having one of those in the D10 would be perfect.

I also need a replacement for the L1D RB100 bicycle helmet light. A slightly broader beam, 50% more lumens and 2 hours of runtime with a light the same size and weight. Peak's El Capitan XP-G R5 light driven at 300mA should give me the run time and brightness I require. They are supposed to be coming out with a multi-mode tail switch so it can run on lower levels to get home after the battery runs low. Since the XP-G R5 requires a larger head for the reflector, the El Capitan runs an optic to remain small but have the throw I need. It does not have the "narrow" optic yet but should in time.

My HA-III Cree Q5 aspherical lens 2D Mag was stolen this year (I'm still pissed!) So I am in the market for another one. Rumor has it that Mag should be coming out with a 3D Mag running a real heat sink with a Rebel 90 LED. That puppy should throw way out there on narrow focus, have great run times and still bust heads.

Here is what I want!

EDC NiteCore D10 XP-G R2 warm white (bin can be higher)
Helmet Light Peak El Capitan XP-G #6 with narrow optic/tail switch
Mag 3D Rebel real heat sink thrower

If the El Capitan kicks butt, I'll buy two of them and put the Turbo AA2 on the bike frame. Hmmm, even if I buy 4 lights, we are talking about under $250. Does this mean I'll get kicked off CPF?

EDIT!!!!

Cree announced 186 lumen per watt warm white (4500K) LEDs in the lab! Figure they will be out next year so I'll wait for them in the NiteCore D10 and El Capitan single AA helmet lights. 200 lumens for the D10 and 180 lumens for the El Capitan helmet lights with narrow optics... :paypalsent:

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an unmerciful thread. I just decided to not buy any more light next year... :ironic:

Regards, Patric

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) ZL 123 flashlight if the UI is like we expect (or better?) but only if warm emitter or upgradeable to one.
2) Jetbeam RRT-O
3) next gen ZL headlight with reflector (or optic?) - the current 70 flood is still too floody for me. I had to switch it a LOT and wear it down on my jacket closer to the ground pointing down last time I used it or the flood blinds EVERYBODY around me.
4) Aleph something
5) Quark Prism for my Quark123T or more likely the EX10, which I think has a better "headlight" UI than the Q123 tactical.

heckboy

Enlightened
What an evil question. I'll play!lovecpf
CR123 lights:
120P #3 - for a K2 TIR lens mod.
120P #4 - for a K2 aspheric mod.
120P #5 - for Cree XP-? mod.
As you can see, I like my Novatacs

An 18650 based EDC style light, maybe a Nitecore.

AA lights:
iTP A2 EOS - maybe
LiteFlux LF5XT when they roll out the new version.

Incandescent/LED:
I've started collecting a E1/E2 system that I'd like to have completed next year. I just need to pickup up:
6P head and P60 drop-ins.
TLS head
Bi-Pin socket for Strion, Axial and TL-3
Couple more Z61 tailcaps.

Later,
HB

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
I have been thinking of buying a good rechargeable light for work before I retire this coming June. I was attracted to the Pelican 8060 because it has better tech than the 7050.. brighter, longer runtimes, whiter beam(led) and NiMh batteries instead of Nicads- no memoriy problems.

Then I was perusing Streamlight's web site and found the UltraStinger. Screaming Incan goodness, rechargeable, tough and less money too. The only thing I do not like is the nicad battery stick. Nicads have memory problems but if you drain them completely they should be ok? Anyone have experience with the UltraStinger?