Surefire Bulb Upgrade Suggestions?

lowes48

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,

I have a couple of older Surefires that I would like to upgrade with new LED or high performance bulbs. One is a Surefire 9Z Combat Light and the other is an E1 executive. Any suggestions for the best bang for the buck as far as light output goes on a limited budget? I don't want to go too deep into the mods due to the fact that we all can get new lights that perform better for less money than some upgrades I've seen posted!

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, lowes48.

I deleted the identical thread you posted in another section of the forum. Cross-posted (duplicate) threads are not allowed per Rule 9.

lowes48

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome DM51, and sorry for the double post but I didn't know where it would best fit. I think I'm going to like it here...:twothumbs

DM51

Flashaholic
I didn't know where it would best fit
Let me know in a day or two if you haven't had much response here, and maybe we'll try moving it somewhere else.

It rather depends what you have in mind - do you want to get involved with machining, soldering etc, or are you just looking for a drop-in type solution, i.e. simply changing the lamp module?

I think I'm going to like it here...:twothumbs
Your bank manager and/or Mrs. lowes48 may soon have something to say about that, lol

lowes48

Newly Enlightened
Don't want to get too deep just yet... Dropin stuff would suit me nicely for now. But I want maxium output. I wouldn't mind changing to different batteries if that would help also. Thanks for helpfulness. Mrs. Lowes48 will be glad you've been so cordial. But she probably still won't understand!

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to stick with Surefire products; then I suggest the P60L for the 9Z and a KX1 for the E1E.

Aftermarket suggestions are; TLS Cree Q5 drop in for the 9Z and a TLS Cree Q5 conversion head for the E1E.

Both of these lights can use Li-ion cells for guilt free lumens.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Lumens Factory line of xenon lamp assemblies. The EO-E1R will work very well in your E1 with an IMR16340 cell. It will turn it into a little pocket rocket. :popcorn: