JETBeam RRT-0 Clip Problem?

parnell

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else have the same problem?

IMAG0061.jpg

I enjoy the light, but I want a clip that fits.

I know the clip design isn't the best, but I would like to at least be able to use it.

LightJunction stated that this is a problem the latest batch has been having. They cannot guarantee a replacement fitting any better.

I have emailed JETBeam directly to try and resolve the issue.

jonesy

Enlightened
It never ceases to amaze me that we can make lights with circuit boards, cnc machined this and that, create stuff that can grow on aluminum to make it harder, but when it comes to a small piece of steel that needs to be bent to hold the bloody thing, they are abject failures. :poke:

As far as being helpful, is there enough material near the top that you could drill some holes for a D10 clip or something?

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I mentioned in one of the post's in my RRT-0 overview, it seems like the clip was an afterthought. I don't like it and am hoping they come up with something better. If I did use it, it would be to clip it bezel down in my pocket, but it seems like it would not take much for the light to come off the clip if brushed hard against something.

I will say one thing about the picture in the original post. You are mounting the clip in the wrong place. It goes on the section just above where you are trying to attach it. You will find it fits much better there and is more flush with the end. I marked on your picture where the clip should be attached.

IMAG0061.jpg

Last edited:

parnell

Newly Enlightened
As far as being helpful, is there enough material near the top that you could drill some holes for a D10 clip or something?
It is truly amazing that they struggle to form steel. In the end I might have to drill and tap it for a D10 style clip.

Get some pliers put some tape on it so you don't scratch and bend a little.:wave:
I tried to bend it but the steel is quite hard and it doesn't allow the pliers easy areas to grip.

I will say one thing about the picture in the original post. You are mounting the clip in the wrong place. It goes on the section just above where you are trying to attach it. You will find it fits much better there and is more flush with the end. I marked on your picture where the clip should be attached.
I have to disagree and correct you. As seen here on the fifth picture down and also in the scan below, the clip is in the correct location.

RRT-0Cover.jpg

I want to be able to carry the light bezel down in a side cargo pocket. It is an annoying to did past my other work items to fish it out.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK,then let me rephrase what I said. I was not happy with the clip in the position shown in the picture, so I tried it where I suggested you try it. It works much better where I showed you. Give it a try and see what you think.
Regards,

Rob Bond

I have to disagree and correct you. As seen here on the fifth picture down and also in the scan below, the clip is in the correct location.

parnell

Newly Enlightened
I tried it there, but it just moves around to much. I think I will just have to forget the clip, and look at permanently mounting one. Someday the "PERFECT" light will come out. In all other ways the light is awesome.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
rather than taping it, could you atatch like a nitecore D20, on the tailstand lip ?
is atatch spelt right ? dosnt look right sorry !

parnell

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a D10 clip, it looks like it might work in the existing holes. Thanks for the suggestion and I will let everyone know next week.

Gavin S.

Newly Enlightened
Love my RRT-0 but that clip is a head-scratcher. It doesn't even come close to fitting correctly. Mine resides in the box and I patiently await one of you light gurus to figure out a better way.

Gavin S.

Newly Enlightened
Google is my friend. Never mind and thanks again. Shipping costs as much as the part, though. Guess I need to wait til I need some other stuff before I buy.

Last edited:

parnell

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine from the above link. I am glad to know it will definitely work.:twothumbs

lightheart

Newly Enlightened
I just installed a d10 clip...it was qute a bear to get screws in (be prepared to swear once or twice and look for dropped screws on the floor)..it is not perfect...not very tight to body so a little loose in my jeans pocket..i probably could fix this by removing and bending clip a bit )..certainly better than the snap on clip that came with it..good enough for me to now carry it...will update after carrying a few days..photos below
cimg2820.jpg

cimg2825g.jpg

cimg2822.jpg

Last edited: