CL1H or D-Mini VX???

painless

Newly Enlightened
What would you would choose for a warm tint light for outdoor use. Good color rendering and the best for broad usable light. Throw is not major important but I am really looking for something useful and bright out to 75-100yds with good color reproduction . Thanks.

Last edited:

Mikey V

Newly Enlightened
What would you would choose for a warm tint light for outdoor use. Good color rendering and the best for broad usable light. Throw is not major important but I am really looking for something useful and bright out to 75-100yds with good color reproduction . Thanks.

The CL1H has drop-in modules. When you order it, you pick the tint module you want. I'd recommend the Q4/5A if you want warm. My D-Mini VX is a nice neutral white, I'd say WD tint - cool and crisp, but not bluish. Not sure if they all are though. LP does not have a tint option to pick from.

gunga

Flashaholic
I don't know anything about the CL1H, but I know the D-mini Vx is available in both R2 (slightly warm tint, likely WH) and Q3 5A (neutral/warm tint cree).

I think you asked the same thing in my review, so no new insight on the CL1H for you...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
My D-Mini has a non standard driver and LED so I can't tell you much.

I have both Q3-5A and Q5 Dereelight Drop Ins and I am bothered by the PWM in low and medium.

Whatever driver was installed in my D-Mini (before I got it) has no PWM. I plan to get an 18650 body for mine!

painless

Newly Enlightened
SCREW IT. I just broke down and sent payment on a D-Mini VX Ultra. I just could not resist the power factor in such a small platform. Heck, maybe we will all get lucky and Lumapower will release a Q3 5A drop in pill for the D-Mini. Thanks for the input. There goes my christmas present! And here comes the wife.............

Last edited: