M20 Warrior,M21 Warrior,TK11 R2,JettBeam III M

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
M20 Warrior, M21 Warrior, TK11 R2, JettBeam III M?

#1 I am going to buy one or a couple of these soon. Can you all sound off with your views, comparisons and experinces on these three awsome lights?

#2 Is there any lights comparable in size and power to these that I should consider??

TK 10 or TK 12

#3 Between the Olight M20 Warrior, and M21 I feel I can save a little cash and go with the old reliable highly rated M20 Warrior over the slightly more powerful new M21 Warrior, is this wise thinking?

Thanks

nickanto

Newly Enlightened
All I can vouch for is the M20 Warrior. It is seriously an awesome light. The battery life is outstanding. The beam quality is excellent. I think it has a perfect mix of throw and flood. I bought the M20 for hunting and I have used it for the past couple months almost daily without changing the batteries. The medium setting at 90 lumens that last 12 hours is just hard to beat. That is what sold me on this light. I'm actually getting ready to order another one for my AR 15.

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
Thats pretty much what I have read from every single thread I have looked at on the M20 Warrior. How great it is. I figure why pay more money for the M21 when the M20 is a great light. Does anybody know?:popcorn:

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
The M20 has a tighter beam than the M21. It will have better throw. The M21 puts out about 75 or so more lumens and is more flood(the 500 lumens rating is exaggerated, more like 375 emitter lumens/325+out the front).It has a much bigger spot and wider spill. You just have to decide which beam profile fits your needs.
If you think the M20 beam suites your needs, the Jetbeam III M is also a great choice.

Another great thing about the M21 is it seams to run fully regulated, full output on a 18650 battery and has. This is according to the one and only test I have read on the light.

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at some of those DeerLights and they look pretty cool and a great price. Anybody have expierence with their lights?

NewTech

Newly Enlightened
M20 Warrior, M21 Warrior, TK11 R2, JettBeam III M?

#1 I am going to buy one or a couple of these soon. Can you all sound off with your views, comparisons and experinces on these three awsome lights?

#2 Is there any lights comparable in size and power to these that I should consider??

TK 10 or TK 12

#3 Between the Olight M20 Warrior, and M21 I feel I can save a little cash and go with the old reliable highly rated M20 Warrior over the slightly more powerful new M21 Warrior, is this wise thinking?

Thanks

I have Jetbeam III M R2 and Fenix TK-11 R2. Both of them are my most favorite flashlights, the beam quality and throw are acceptable levels. They can be used with different types of batteries (CR123A or 18650).
Build quality, compact, light weight and very bright as compared to a lot of flashlights.

:welcome:

johnboy777

Newly Enlightened
I have Jetbeam III M R2 and Fenix TK-11 R2. Both of them are my most favorite flashlights, the beam quality and throw are acceptable levels. They can be used with different types of batteries (CR123A or 18650).
Build quality, compact, light weight and very bright as compared to a lot of flashlights.

:welcome:

How does the light color and throw compare between the TK-11 R2 and the Jet III M R2...thanks.

Last edited:

Larry237

Newly Enlightened
I have a TK11 and an M20 Warrior (with the R2) and they are both excellant lights. They both have good beams for throw, although the M20 is the best. The M20 UI is good and it has a very low, low level setting. If I am only going to carry one light on a night hike, it would be the M20, even though I have bigger and fancier lights. My wife likes the TK11, probably because is reliable and very simple to use, and it has become her light. They both use primaries or 18650's. Either of these lights is a good choice. ;)

nickanto

Newly Enlightened
The tint on the M20 is just fine. Unless you have a ton of experience with beam tints you will not notice anything.

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
Great info. Should I even be considering any of the DeerLight models?

Which one of the lights I have listed has a more blueish or white tint to the light?

thanks

Mikey V

Newly Enlightened

Maybe, but the graphs show a fairly consistent 18650 run for the M20 with minimal downslope and dropoff.

As far as yellow beam on M20, that is not a blanket correct statement. My pair are pure pearl white R2 WD tint. Depends on who you got them from. If Battery Junction, you have the option to pick a Q5 (M20 Warrior) or an R2 (M20 Warrior Premium) with a select WD tint.

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
I do think that the blusih tint looks nicer and more pleasent to the eyes. Am I giving up any performance wanting a blusih tint over what ever other tints there are? By the way what tints are there and what is the best tint to have in a flashlight if there is one?

thanks

Moonshadow

Enlightened
There isn't really a 'best' tint as such. If you like the cooler tints, then stick with 'em.

There is a small but vocal minority on here who will pitch in shortly and tell you how much they just love warm tints. However, colour perception is a very individual thing and you may find, as I do, that the 'cooler' tints look whiter to your eyes. They also tend to be more efficient (i.e. brighter) as less of the light is converted by the phosphor in the LED into longer wavelengths.

There is also a lot of talk about colour recognition with the different tints, but again, I don't have any problem seeing colours with the cooler LEDs. If you like the whiter tint of these LEDs too, then you won't be losing out on efficiency - quite the opposite in fact.

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
Which of these lights has the "coolest" tint?

I tried calling Battery Junction this morning to ask all these questions and try and gain gather information before I buy.

The guy sounded annoyed with me and couldn't wait to get off the phone. Sheesh sorry you F^&^& ing a-hole:scowl: I don't know all this stuff thats why I was asking you. I aint buying Sh#$ from that place.:wave:

Sorry you all but I was a little offended by this one guy at Battery Junction.

Can anybody chime in with a good place to purchase flashlights where the people accually like talking about there products and they don't suck at life?:thinking:

Thanks

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive been using my olight m20 everyday at work for the last 2 weeks. and its an impressive light. very enjoyable to use. run time is amazing.
tint on max is a neutral white. medium has a yellowish tint, and low is yellow.
has good throw, and a very useful spill. excellent energy efficency.

i just received my 2 zebralights today. h501 using a single AA battery. purchased the warm and cool tint versions. (one will be a x-mas gift)
after testing and comparing the 2 zebralights indoors and outdoors, im going to keep the warm tint for myself:twothumbs and give the cool tint to a friend.

before i purchased my m20 i was actually going to buy the tk11 r2 or tk12.
but found a seller on ebay selling the m20 for $67 shipped. (shipped monday, received wednesday).

i cant say much for the jetbeam, although i did see a video comparing the throw of the m20 and a jetbeam II i think. and the jetbeam had better throw.