Energizer HardCase Lantern sighting at Lowes

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi,

I just came from Lowes and they had a very nice lantern by Energizer. This this was beefy with rubber protecting all around. It had chrome badging on both sides. This thing looks like it will survive hell and back, in fact I'm probably going to stop by on the way to the Gym today and pick one up (couldn't earlier because the wife was with me
rolleyes.gif
and I didn't want to deal with the "what do you need that for" routine.)

It runs off of 4 D batteries. I don't see it on Energizers website, anyone else seen this thing?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this it ?

botach_1708_6327426

If so Botach currently sell it for $10.95 (sale price)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Nope, not that one. It's the one with stailess steel side plates. I just came home, I stopped by and bought it. It was $18 at Lowes. Man this thing is beefy! I like it alot. I'm taking pics right now but I don't know how to post pictures
frown.gif
, anyone want to post for me?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

OK, I made a subdomain real quick at:

http://hardcase.monterosport.net/

This is a very nice light. I might go back and get another one. Thanks Saaby, I didn't see your post until after I created the subdomain.

Ok, a quick review. This light is real hefty. The manual says it it built to survive a 15 foot drop and has shatter resistant lens. You can set the light down on it's base or at a 45 degree angle.

You have to hold this thing to see that it's not like the cheap lanterns you normally see, there is a good amount of ABS and has a steel/ABS housing.

Waterproof and floats

The beam is nice and tight, not a SF beam by far but it does not have any annoying rings. More info to come. Beamshots shortly, sorry I'm posting on the fly.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Walmart has this light too. I saw it there a few weeks ago. Sorry, I don't remember the price. What is the beam output like?
John

D

**DONOTDELETE**

fd31e00a.jpg.orig.jpg

Testing to see if this works. The Energizer is on the right, the left is a 3D mag with writeright on the lens.

Ratso

Enlightened
Hi. Here is the link on the Energizer page:
http://www.energizer.com/products/flashlights/flashlight.asp?cat=3

I saw one of these monsters at Walmart the other day. It was a little too bulk for my tastes. They also had a hunter's version with camo sides and a zipper pouch. I wonder how long it can throw with a KPR103. My favorite lantern is the $4 Rayovac Value Bright. It has a Surefire quality spot from a micro textured reflector and a push button switch. (More reliable than slide switch)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, just went to Walmart and they do have them there for $16.97. I found a nice Garity Pen light while I was there too
grin.gif

K A

Enlightened
Just kicking this topic back up. I was going to post a seperate topic but decided to search first just in case it was already talked about.

I noticed our store had received a few of these lights in for our christmas set, we normally dont carry them. They are going to be retailing these lights for $12.99.

I was thinking it might be a good candidate for a 5watt white luxeon when/if they come out. It runs off 4D batteries which fit in a removeable holder inside the body. Only problem is you gotta unscrew the whole head in order to get inside to the batteries and the current bulb comes out attached to the head.

So either it would need some fancy designs to make power contact or could possibly epoxy the luxeon to the plastic contact board just behind the lens, but I doubt that would hold for long due to heat.

JH225

Newly Enlightened
For $12.99, that lantern is a steal. What store would this be?

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ratso...FYI, don't bother with the hunter's version with the pouches. I have one; the throw is nice and bright, but the beam quality (especially the hotspot) SUCKS! I've tried 4 different types of bulbs in mine to no avail. And IMHO, the lens is just too big to use Writeright. You'd have to cut and piece at least 4 sheets of it to cover the whole lens. Also, I agree with you on the Rayovac ValueBright lantern. I have the one with the micro-textured reflector also, with a Rat Shack 5.2V Halogen bulb, and it's VERY bright, and has an incredibly smooth beam.

PJD

K A

Enlightened
Originally posted by JH225:
For $12.99, that lantern is a steal. What store would this be?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Osco Drugs. Savon, Jewel, Lucky, and a few other stores I believe are all owned by Albertson's so they may or may not carry the same things. Especially seasonal items like this would be really iffy. I may just buy one of these to replace my Energizer 6AA Doublebarrel out in my car.
grin.gif

JH225

Newly Enlightened
Well, they are supposed to be shock resistant, so being the sadist that I am, I dropped mine off my roof (about15ft) onto the grass. I have also left it outside in the rain, because they claim it to be watertight. Still works just fine
grin.gif

AND it runs on good old "D" batteries.
smile.gif

TheMechanic

Newly Enlightened
Any chance that there is enough room to shoehorn a small SLA battery in there? Looks like it would make a dandy rechargeable...

B@rt

Flashaholic
Oops, forgot about this thread...
icon15.gif

Sorry Surefire M6 ,

If you remove the ".orig.jpg" part of your pic link, the pic will show.
winkie.GIF

You can only direct-link a preview pic with ImageStation, but that happens to be a perfect size for posting...
grin.gif

fd31e00a.jpg

K A

Enlightened
Ya know. I went ahead and bought one of these. The body isnt bad, something that could be stowed away in my car's trunk for emergencies and get roughed up and be none worse for wear. Even looking at the beamshots posted I still bought it. And boy.. I tell ya. Looking at the beam up close and personal it really does SUCK
icon15.gif

Surprised at how the majority of the light is concentrated into a hotspot and barely any other light left over to act as a flood. Oh well.

Just have to wait for the 5watt white luxeons to come out now.
grin.gif

Latest posts