Best 2xAA on the market today

Vincent

Newly Enlightened
I am a fairly happy user of the Fenix PD30 which I got one year ago. Though I simply cannot afford the batteries for it, and already have a Maha MH-C9000 charger for my radios and camera. Id like to get a 2xAA LED light that offers good brightness and runtime comparable to the PD30 if possible.

I will mostly use this light to do maintenance on my bike, on trails when riding as well as in darker tunnels with no or few light sources. I will also use it in case of emergencies. It will not be a EDC, but will be in my camelbak for my bike or in my pocket when doing exploration.

I dont really have a price limit, but nothing insane like $300.

Last edited:

duboost

Enlightened
Since you like the fenix, you would probably like the Quark 2AA? Or Quark Turbo?

Vincent

Newly Enlightened
I also care about warranty(longer the better), if the light brakes I dont want to spend $20 to send it back to China or some other international location.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget although the Fenix and Quarks operate similar (press switch to turn on light then half press to cycle through modes) the Quark has more modes a .02 lumen low mode which may or may not benefit you, I personally dont care for it just one more mode to cycle to get to next mode.

My point is the Quark Tactical lights are my favorite basically you can easily program two modes to whatever you want and always turn the light in one mode and switch to your next programed mode by twisting the head. They also have a momentary on forward switch.

Just thought i would try and explain that the best I can before you make a purchase because I dont like the regular Quark that much but the Tactical programmable Quark is now my favorite carry light. Good luck

Regular 2AA Quark - http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297&products_id=1620

Tactical 2AA Quark - http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_306&products_id=1656

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
My absolute favorite in the 2xAA class is currently the Quark Turbo AA-2! :thumbsup:

Throwier as the normal Quark, extremely rugged, very bright and nice looking (in my opinion). The con couls be the UI, 2 brightnesses set with the tactical UI chosen out of 5 normal ones plus the disco modes...

Vincent

Newly Enlightened
While Im sure the features are nice, I am a bit more of a fan of the keep is stupid simple principle. I really don't want the light to fail on me because it has a electrical hiccup. me buying the fenix was a big step from the Inova X5. I know I need regulation and modes are a must, but even systems like that on the NiteCore D20 scare me alot.

LightCannon

Enlightened
I'm actually a little surprised....

Come on, guys: there's a whole world beyond Quarks.

Eagletac P100A2 (really nice bang for the buck)
Solarforce L2R
Dereelight Javelin

Quarks are quite nice, but, depending on OP's purposes, one of the above may be more useful. It might be noted that the Solarforce has Type II anodization.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeh I know what you mean but If your referring to the Tactical Quark I don't see any problems in the future with it and I have not heard any problems so far either.

Vincent

Newly Enlightened
whar effect would an EMP have on these fancy flashlights with the circuitry? id take it they would be done with

Last edited:

LightCannon

Enlightened
Keep in mind "best" doesn't always translate to "most output." Theres other factors involved, such as UI (does it suit your needs? Is it useful and intuitive?) and build quality (and, related, does the company have a reputation for good QC and durability?)

Keep looking around!