Photon Freedom micro - How to re-enable demonstration mode?

passive101

Enlightened
I took it out of demonstration mode and now wonder what would happen if it turns on during 10 hour shifts at work in my pocket.

How do you re-enable demonstration mode and how long does that mode allow you to turn the light on for and use it? I know how to disable it if I ever need it for extended periods of time.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I took it out of demonstration mode and now wonder what would happen if it turns on during 10 hour shifts at work in my pocket.

How do you re-enable demonstration mode and how long does that mode allow you to turn the light on for and use it? I know how to disable it if I ever need it for extended periods of time.

Rather than demonstration mode, activate the 3 minute auto off.

Put it into signal mode, then hold down until it blinks off, then keep holding until it blinks again.

passive101

Enlightened
ETA: I'm retrying this in the more code mode version. I was in a safety beacon before.

It worked perfectly!

For an emergency situation if I were to need a slow beacon I simply repeat this procedure to turn the 3 minute auto shut down off?

Last edited:

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I simply repeat this procedure to turn the 3 minute auto shut down off?
You repeat the procedure, but release the button BEFORE the light blinks. That turns the feature off.

Another way to keep the battery safe is to put it into signal mode and leave it there (it may be called morse code mode?). It won't latch on in that mode.

You could also use the necklace accessory to cover the switch.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put it in momentary mode (rapidly quick it on and off) and then put it back on constant on mode if I need to use it for a period of time.

passive101

Enlightened
I put it in momentary mode (rapidly quick it on and off) and then put it back on constant on mode if I need to use it for a period of time.

This is a great idea as well! I think I'm actually going to go with this idea instead of the 3 minute auto shut off.

Last edited: