• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
No digital regulation?
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, so it's a poor copykat. I'll wait for the real deal as well..... bring on the A2!!!!!!!!

rlhess

Enlightened
Looks like Brinkmann meets SureFire ex-patriots near The Great Wall! I'll wait for an A2, also...though I cancelled my KL1 due to budget reasons and the fact that I've bought 41 lights this year.

Azreal911

Enlightened
hey if you guys check the sellers other auctions he has alot of really neat looking flashlights though, another duo flashlight with 3 leds instead and i like the single led one with a pull out lens to make it into a mini lantern. now thats pretty cool.

RY3

Enlightened
Hum. Why is it a copycat? May be it is but how can you be sure?

Ron

r2

Enlightened
I wouldn't really call this a copycat since it is actually available, unlike the A2. It's not like this is the first LED/incandescent hybrid to be made.

It looks like a pretty cool light. A faceted reflector and a fairly attractive body. It's good to see some interesting and innovative designs actually available for purchase.

- Russ

McGizmo

Flashaholic
These look like they're from the same mfg. who supplies Life Styles many of their lights. Certainly some inovative design work here. I suspect that there may also be some patent infringement with some of these lights. Time will tell. With all the diversity shown in these lights, one would think that there must be sizeable market somewhere to justify the tooling and production. Selling them one at a time on E-Bay can't be too large of a revenue stream? I wonder where the real consumption for these lights is? Pacific Rim? Europe?.........interesting.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by r2:
I wouldn't really call this a copycat since it is actually available, unlike the A2. It's not like this is the first LED/incandescent hybrid to be made.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I didn't mean it literally, sorry. I just needed a catchy topic and late at night that was the best I could come up with.
tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

r2,

Looking at his other auctions, it appears to switch modes by pressing the button3 timesto cycle through 3led, 6 led and Xenon. I might buy this just out of curiosity and then sell it or donate it for review.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Interesting that you can use either 6 or 3 LEDs with a coresponding change in runtime. Also, considering the switch location, the all metal body, and the lack of adequate heat protection for your hand (compare with Legend LX) I wouldn't be surprised if this light would get almost too hot to hold (ever try holding the LX without insulation for a couple of minutes?)

Brightnorm

r2

Enlightened
Originally posted by Surefire M6:
I didn't mean it literally, sorry. I just needed a catchy topic and late at night that was the best I could come up with.
tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No harm done, I didn't mean to sound quite so snippy, either. Thanks for drawing attention to this light.

I didn't see any indication how you switch between different modes. Did anyone else figure that out? The switch looks like a simple pushbutton; perhaps there is more to it? Does it have a digital controller for the switch?

I'd love to see something like this with a 5W LS in the middle
cool.gif
Maybe as it starts to get too hot (or the batteries get too low) it could drop automatically to the Nichias. Lots of fun possibilities with a digital controller circuit.

- Russ

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by McGizmo:
These look like they're from the same mfg. who supplies Life Styles many of their lights. Certainly some inovative design work here. I suspect that there may also be some patent infringement with some of these lights. Time will tell. With all the diversity shown in these lights, one would think that there must be sizeable market somewhere to justify the tooling and production. Selling them one at a time on E-Bay can't be too large of a revenue stream? I wonder where the real consumption for these lights is? Pacific Rim? Europe?.........interesting.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I doubt they're the same Korean manufacturer who supply Life Styles. It looks to me that this might be the same Hong Kong company who make clipmate/clipper 3. Many of its aluminium light except the 5 LED (not using nichia) looks likes prototype or pilot run products. No way to be sure though.

Alan