Need help just received Arc6 may be broke

fleegs

Enlightened
Hello.

I called Arc but was told "that department" went home early so I need to call back Monday.

So since I have time I thought I would post my issue here and hope for a solution.

I got my Arc6 about 10 min ago. Tried to use it nothing happened. Tried a new battery and got some light. Checked the battery they sent with the light and it read 1.97 volts. The battery was not in the light when received.

So I used my new battery. Tested that it read 2.97 volts. Switched to a powerizer battery that read 4.02.

While using both these batteries the light comes on bright and then dims. When programming as you go through the levels they all come on bright then dim. I can't get this light to work.

Any ideas?

By the way it did not come lubed either.

Rob

On a side note- I am really negative right now. I am so upset I have to call back Monday. I think the 30 day return policy may work in my favor here.

Last edited:

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Are you using your Arc6 as a twisty or activating it by pressing on the Piston drive?

Try using it as a twisty -- fully tight to get to the bright setting and then slightly loosened to get to the lower light level setting. If this doesn't work then your light may actually have a problem.

If you've only been using the light by pressing on the piston drive end, then perhaps your Arc6 is not tightened enough. If the head end is too loose then when you press on the Piston end you may not be able to hold it in bright mode and your light is just dropping back down to the lower light level setting.

fleegs

Enlightened
Does it both as twisty, using the piston and any combination of the two. The high start bright then goes to the lowest setting All levels from 2 to 7 go back to the brightness of level one no matter how you turn it on. It starts with a whine, then the whine stops as it fades to level 1. Sometimes it flashes a little bit if you leave it on after it dims.

I think it broken. We will see what they say Monday.

Rob

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
.... I got my Arc6 about 10 min ago. ...
So I used my new battery. Tested that it read 3.97 volts. Switched to a powerizer battery that read 4.02.

I don't own an Arc6, but I am curious.

What type of batteries are mentioned above? I have never heard of a CR123a primary with a voltage anywhere near as high as those readings.

Are the batteries you tried rechargeable?

Thanks and good luck getting the problem resolved.

fleegs

Enlightened
I don't own an Arc6, but I am curious.

What type of batteries are mentioned above? I have never heard of a CR123a primary with a voltage anywhere near as high as those readings.

Are the batteries you tried rechargeable?

Thanks and good luck getting the problem resolved.

Nice catch! The first one was a typo should have been 2.97. I fixed the post. The second is a rechargable at 4.02.

fleegs

Enlightened
Update 6 Dec

Light still working. Only a slight flickering observed on high (level 3 set). The light is currently set to 1 for low, 3 for high and 5 for the hidden high.

Thanks for the offer on the Arc LS. I saw it back then but decided not to use it. I figured you had a lot going on. I will still keep my LS. It is a history reminder for me.

Thanks,

Rob

fyrstormer

Banned
Wow, you have 5 set as your highest setting? You're missing out, man. That thing on level 7 can light up a dark path through the woods like nothing else short of an MC-E.

Is 2.97v low for a 3v CR123?

- - -

On another note, I remember when the Arc-LS and the Arc4 came out, I wanted one so bad, but I was in college and I couldn't afford anything that expensive. I still have my original HAII-anodized Arc AAA, though; I bought it from Triple Aught Design in CA.

It's your fault I'm a flashaholic now, Peter. I hope you're happy.

;)

Last edited:

fleegs

Enlightened
Wow, you have 5 set as your highest setting? You're missing out, man. That thing on level 7 can light up a dark path through the woods like nothing else short of an MC-E.

Is 2.97v low for a 3v CR123?

- - -

On another note, I remember when the Arc-LS and the Arc4 came out, I wanted one so bad, but I was in college and I couldn't afford anything that expensive. I still have my original HAII-anodized Arc AAA, though; I bought it from Triple Aught Design in CA.

It's your fault I'm a flashaholic now, Peter. I hope you're happy.;)

Update Dec 10- Still working!

I am not sure if 0.03 volts below 3 is bad for a regular. I expected 3.05 ish.

Ah man, the Arc4. That was one of my favorite lights due to the button that adapted to how the owner clicks.

Rob