Possible upgrades for SF T1A

SCblur

Enlightened
Just got a T1A and really like it, but I know the p4 it houses is a bit dated. Anybody know of what LED upgrade options I have? Something to boost the output to about 100 and with a little more throw would be nice, but I dont want to be greedy. I'm just wanting to know from the experts which LEDs would be well suited in a T1A host and what kind of output o could expect.

Thanks

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look in the Homemade section..

Defrabica has made a couple SF Titans bright.

Ask about his XP-G R5 upgrade or an MC-E :candle:

Last edited:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man this is tempting. I would like the XPG-R5 swap if that is available.

I was so set on purchasing this light until I read about the beam profile of this light. I do like a light with nice spill but I like a blend of hot spot as well. This opens up new possibilities.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I have a T1A with a properly centered High CRI P4 done by DaFabricata ... and I am very satisfied. More pronounced hotspot and awesome color rendition. To my eyes it has the same output as the cool white variant, which is quite superb for a high CRI LED.

SCblur

Enlightened
Is 'high CRI' simply a warmer tint? I see this mentioned a lot, but not positive of the meaning. They are generally lower output, right?

Thanks for the help guys, I have sent DaFABRICATA a PM inquiring about moding my T1A.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is 'high CRI' simply a warmer tint? I see this mentioned a lot, but not positive of the meaning. They are generally lower output, right?

Thanks for the help guys, I have sent DaFABRICATA a PM inquiring about moding my T1A.

It is a warmer tint and renders colors very well. It also seems a little brighter due to the fact it is focused better.
The XP-G modded T1A throws a lot better, but doesn't have as nice of a tint as the high CRI Seoul.

BTW...PM Sent!:thumbsup: