Surefire L4 or Arc LSH-P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want both of these lights, but due to the high prices, can't afford both of them. I've seen how the L4 can stomp the LSH-P for brightness, and this has made we want the L4 even more than the LSH-P. What should I do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
These lights are quite different for what they are used for. We designed the LSH to be an EDC and count when you need it the most. It is compact, regulated, brighter than anythine else its size, waterproof and backed by the responsive Arc support.

Of course, anyone can make a light brighter just by making it larger.

If you just have to buy the KL4, I say go for it!

Peter

jtice

Flashaholic
I agree totally with Gransee....

I could have bought a SF, or others... but....

Arc LS's are the BEST all around light. Nothing this small is going to come close to performing like this, or being of such HIGH QUALITY !!!!!

I have 2 LSH-P's on the way. One for my dad, which will see heavy, hardcore use in the coal mines. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

As I've told sence day one on this forum... want the best? You want ARC ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

BullPar

Newly Enlightened
I have both of them and the KL4 is very bright but for EDC the ARC is way better its very compact and when i work under instrument panels in aircraft i can hold the ARC better with my teeth than the surfire

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I will try to scrape together enough money to get both. I have wanted the LSH-P for a long time, but have kept finding excuses not to get it.

jtice

Flashaholic
I did the same thing Pi is blue....
BUT, broke down, I didnt really want to spend that on ANY light,,, but, it will definately be worth it in the long run. the old saying .... "You get what you pay for."

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to have the Surefire L4, but to spend that kind of money now really doesn't make sense to me when you consider the LS5 is in the works. The burst mode will handle 99% of what I need for absolute brightness and the multiple calibrated brightness levels will make the light much more economical and handle the low light needs as well. Personally, I am more then willing to wait. But on the other hand it's easy to wait when you have an LSH-P

reddwarf

Newly Enlightened
I recently recieved the L4,and is brighter than my LSHP,but I'm spoiled now by the compact size of my e.d.c.,both the LSHP and my Uke 2L,if,big IF,you prefer a smaller lightweight,waterproof light,the Arc is a killer choice.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
These are both great light! IMHO, the LSHP is a must-have, the KL4 is not really. And yes we should compare the L4 with the LS5. I do think the LS5 will be a winner on waterproofness, color, lifespan.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not settle for one of the Arc LS seconds on sale right now. That would satisfy the craving for the moment. When the new multi level, bright as the ****ens Arc`s come out, you know you will just have to have one...everybody will. That will be the next "got to have one" light. Unless theres a "surprise light released"...out there that I don`t know about.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting you posted this in the Arc forum, and got pro-Arc replies. Not that that is bad, just that maybe you would have gotten some different answers had you posted this in the LED forums. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
its not really a question of surefire vs arc, but rather how you're going to use it. the arc LS is meant to be as small as possible, whilst providing a light output that is useful to 99% of people 99% of the time.

the L4 however, is not very different in terms of runtime, light output and size as an E2e. it can be said to be a regulated LED version of the E2e, kinda like how the arc LS is a regulated LED version of the E1e.

that being said, i would still recommend the arc LSH-P, simply because i've found i don't really have much of a need for anything brighter than that, whether incandescent or led based.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have decided that I should just get the LSH-P for now and wait for the LS5 to come out instead of getting the L4. If I can get enough money by then, I will get the LS5 and the L4.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Pi is blue
You made the right choice. I have both & I carry the LSH-P
& A2 & ARC AAA on key ring. As you can see for my use there
is more to it than just the size of the L4. The L4 just
doesn't have enough throw for me to replace the A2. The
A2 did replace my E2e, because it has 2 levels of light &
with the LEDs I get long run time. For what it is worth I
bought a second LSH-P for a backup just incase something
happens to mine & ARC quits making them after the ARC LS4
comes out. I plan on buying a ARC LS4 but just in case I
don't like it as well I have a life time supply of LSH-P's.
I have also had very good luck with factory seconds..

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Pi_is_blue said:
I don't want to gamble by buying a factory second, I want the best Arc LS I can get!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I didn`t think of that...so the seconds are not coverd by the full warranty? At least as performance goes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
"Seconds" only have a 14 day money back garenttee.
Defects can be HA finish blemishes, nicks, off centered led's, off color leds. Tail HA color not matching head HA color.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
at about the same cost, the L4 is pretty convenient as an edc and much brighter. Since it has a pocket clip, in some ways it's handier than my LSH-P was because I had to carry it in the bottom of my pocket and had to limit what I put in that same pocket. The size of the LSH was quite nice and offered tremendous value for what it is, on the other hand, the brighter L4 at virtually the same cost is a good value as well with an even better lifetime warranty. This is one of those, you can make a really good argument for both and I'm sure to some extent it always comes down to the arc camp vs the surefire camp.

tattoou2

Enlightened
Pi,

You will not go wrong in getting an LSH-P now. I have an LSL-P, and I also have an L4. Both are great lights. Enjoy either now and don't worry about what is coming down the pike.

Status
Not open for further replies.