L4 holster?

Gman

Enlightened
Dunno, was just asking. The L4 does have a hot spot and I was wondering if the BS made it a soft flood for use in a confined area like a car or cockpit and was also wondering how it fit. Do I need a reason? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

emann

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Gman said:
Any holster recommendations for carrying this jewel?

[/ QUOTE ]I am using the same Ripoffs holster (CO-124) that my E2e rode in and it fits fine.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a couple of Pelican M6`s in preparation for getting the PM6 "drop-in" modules that Charlie (MrBulk) and Don (McGizmo) are making.

The Pelican M6 comes with a nice black pouch, and it is sized perfectly for the Surefire L4.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish sombody made kydex for L4 and A2. And not that cheap "tube" crap, but CUSTOM, molded holsters.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gman said:
Btw, has anyone tried an E2 beamshaper on the L4?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might get the blue filter for a simulated "low" level light.

K-T

*Moderator*
Did anybody try one of the MiniMag holsters? I have one of the old, "soft nylon" ones and the A2 fits nicely.

Klaus.

avusblue

Enlightened
Thanks to a friendly CPF'er, I've acquired both of the holsters that come with the Inova X5 and the Pelican M6. Both work well with the L4, but in different ways. The Pelican one is bigger and will work better for frequent in-and-out use -- as it's stiff, has a snap top, and has ample room for the L4. It's also about a half-inch too long on the height of the top loop-over, and is too deep by a slightly lesser amount. Meanwhile, the X5 holster is a snug, stretchy fit -- but perhaps a bit too much so, as there's a bit of a struggle to get it in or out, especially wrestling with the L4's clip.

Overall, the Pelican holster is the winner, if only because it's generously sized on the L4, which is better than being too small.

I still am not sure if I'm the "holster type", but intend to give it a try to make it easier to carry the L4 more places without chewing up the other contents of my pocket.

Hope this is helpful,

Dave

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I agree - the Pelican M6 holster fits the SureFire L4 (KL4) quite nicely. There is a small gap at the top (between the bezel of the KL4 and the closed flap of the holster) but IMO it's nothing that needs to be worried about.

Citori

Newly Enlightened
David Brown at buybrownholsters.com would make you a custom kydex sheath. I haven't had him make a flashlight holster, just a couple for knives and guns, but he does them.

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I just got a V21 for mine and it works great. The L4 will fit in the V82 as is, but the flap is barely long enough to stay closed. Not very secure for an expensive light.