McLux MOD Wanted

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
This job is a "no brainer" if you have a little Arctic Alumina & the original McFlood reflector.. The McFlood works perfectly to center the emitter. I solder the wires on first (before epoxying it down) and leave the converter compartment empty (DIRECT drive all the WAY) ! Understand that a 5W McLux is NOT a "Long run-time" type of light, BUT is most certainly awesome.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Ray,

So you're looking to do a transplant? 1W to 5W? I'll do it for you if it's that, but can't/won't if it's parts to be assembled from scratch (I will soon be in the middle of assembling billions and billions of similar modules for the Pelican -- well, maybe actually forty or fifty...).

If it is indeed the former, what kind of driver is in the head right now?

BTW, did you ever get my two e-mails recently about the Pelican? My account has been a little flakey and I've disabled my PM function so I apologize for asking you here...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,

If it's a head build from scratch and you haven't found a builder, send me an e-mail.

- Don

frogmonk

Newly Enlightened
Slick,

(DIRECT drive all the WAY) ! Understand that a 5W McLux is NOT a "Long run-time" type of light, BUT is most certainly awesome.

What voltage are you running through the light, and what vf rating would is this luxeon 5 watterhave?

Oichan

Newly Enlightened
McLux7.jpg

I installed 5W in the McLux bezel last week.
5W LS HD V3U, McFlood, BB700
Edit:BIN Code
McLux6.jpg

Its awesome!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CandlePowerForums, Oichan.

Very nice work on your McLux and very nice pic.

A little off topic...I like your Volkswagon and very much like your site. I will explore it a little more in the next few days.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Oichan,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your great work and mods! Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Oichan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Don,
I always do referring to your site. Your work is art. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

My 5W McLux is not a Long run-time, and too HOT(the same as my VW.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif But, I like it.

Wylie

Enlightened
Oichan,
Welcome to the forum. Is that the 15 degree V-6 I was reading about a couple years ago. Killer motor if it is! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
frogmonk said:
Slick,

(DIRECT drive all the WAY) ! Understand that a 5W McLux is NOT a "Long run-time" type of light, BUT is most certainly awesome.

What voltage are you running through the light, and what vf rating would is this luxeon 5 watterhave?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was sold to me as a "W2T" (were still in sealed packets). I also have some U5U's and compared to them I'd have rated this emitter a bin 3 or 4.

I'm driving it on 3xCR123 Lithiums. It's the light in in my "sig pic" on the left <-