Swap guts of maglite 2C ican with 2D Rebal LED?

Grog

Enlightened
Swap guts of maglite 2C ican with 2D Rebal LED?

I picked up a 2D Rebal LED with the intent of swapping the LED with the incan bulb on a 2C maglite (before I found out they really changed things around when upgrading to the Rebal).

I'll be searching around, but is there a somewhat easy way to do it?

The back story is I was issued a 2D mag years ago at work and when I leave I'm going to have to turn one in (of course I have no clue where there's is, I tossed it in a box the first day I had it). So If I can swap parts, I'll turn in a new condition 2D incan and have myself a useful 2C Rebal LED :party:

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, no easy way. Even if you could cut down and transplant the D switch into the C body, I don't know that the Rebel reflector would fit in the C head (it's deeper, may need the larger through-bore... now you've got me wondering, so I'll have to check tonight), and there's no way to throw the C switch into the D mag.

Best bet for an easy Rebel C is probably to wait for the 7-mode 2C, and hope for limited parts compatibility if you don't like the new design - but don't hold your breath on that.

For returning your issued light, you'll need either a new D light (either incan or Luxeon) or a stock incan reflector and switch assembly, which will convert a Rebel to nearly-incan.

Grog

Enlightened
Oh well, I can always turn in a 2C and say I left it in the dryer overnight :D

Grog

Enlightened
Funny follow up....

I took all of the old crap from my coworkers, gave them my good gear and turned in all the old stuff.

One guy got a better duty belt, one guy got a new maglite (I turned in his old one with dead batteries) and another got new cuffs. It was like Christmas :cool: