Looking for the perfect flashlight

luis0321

Newly Enlightened
Hi I dont know much about tactical flashlight brands, but heres what ive owned; Streamlight: NF-2, Strion, TL3, Stinger and my current a Novatac 120T. I am looking for a flashlight about the same size as the 120T and I want it to be bright for under $140. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

bluecrow76

Enlightened
Buy another Novatac 120 and have someone put a P7 or XPG in it! :devil: (See the link in my signature.)

chef4850

Enlightened
take a look at the RA 120t edc light. Great light and seem to me like it is twice as bright as the 120e edc. $109.00 and free batteries at BS.

Chef

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Agree.

RA with one of the newer emitters and 320 out the front on burst would be pretty close though.

luis0321

Newly Enlightened
The beam doesn't matter. I would like it to run approx. 1hr on a single CR123 battery. Maybe one that has different levels also. I was thinking of just buying the 120P because I can just progam it the way I want, which would be from not so bright to brigthest. The 120T starts with brightest.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi I dont know much about tactical flashlight brands, but heres what ive owned; Streamlight: NF-2, Strion, TL3, Stinger and my current a Novatac 120T. I am looking for a flashlight about the same size as the 120T and I want it to be bright for under $140. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

If you run the light on LiIon, some of the brightest 1xCR123 or 1xAA are: NiteCore SR3, Jetbeam RRT-0, Dereelight C2H and Quark AA/123. These lights are all rated for LiIon, using LiIon in other light might make them just as bright or brighter.

luis0321

Newly Enlightened
These are the 3 flashlights that Im thinking about: Nitecore Extreme, Nitecore SR3, and the Jetbeam RRT-2. Which one will you buy or not buy and why. Thanks.

HKJ

Flashaholic
These are the 3 flashlights that Im thinking about: Nitecore Extreme, Nitecore SR3, and the Jetbeam RRT-2. Which one will you buy or not buy and why. Thanks.

Why RRT-2 and not RRT-0?
I like RRT-0, the distribution of levels could be better, but it is a good light with the usual JetBeam finish and quality.

In this batch the Extreme has the worst user interface.

The SR3 has a "bug" in the interface, it can enable/disable strobe unintentional when turning the selection ring.

The RRT-2 is also a very good light, but are larger and has no low level.

luis0321

Newly Enlightened
Ok narrowed it down to 2. JETBeam RRT-0 or LumaPower D-Mini VX. They're the same price. I kind of like the RRT-0 design more. Does anyone know which one has the longest throw?