JetBeam RRT-2 Raptor, Does It Tail Stand?

henry1960

Enlightened
I have been wanting to buy this light for a while but would like to know if any body knows if this light tail stands :sssh:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it doesn't, I just try. If I hadn't tried, I would have written that it does, because it looks like it would do, but the rubber of the switch bulges out over the stainless steel ring...

henry1960

Enlightened
Thanks for repling, guess i will still end up getting this great light but bumed out that it will not tail stand.:mecry:

LowFlux

Enlightened
Yes the crenelated tailcap should allow tailstanding - they use the same clicking on the Jet-III M. Good luck getting a crenelated tailcap though - they were offered in June 09 for the Raptors and I ordered one within days of it being posted as available - just to find out I missed out on that release.

I am still waiting for Jetbeam to complete another batch after almost 6 months so I can get that tailcap. :whistle: Maybe I'll just tell the vendor to refund my money instead. :mecry:

henry1960

Enlightened
Yes the crenelated tailcap should allow tailstanding - they use the same clicking on the Jet-III M. Good luck getting a crenelated tailcap though - they were offered in June 09 for the Raptors and I ordered one within days of it being posted as available - just to find out I missed out on that release.

I am still waiting for Jetbeam to complete another batch after almost 6 months so I can get that tailcap. :whistle: Maybe I'll just tell the vendor to refund my money instead. :mecry:

I have the JetBeam III M and love the tail stand on this light and wished the RRT-2 Raptor would tail stand also but getting the crenelated tailcap sounds like a great idea but with you waiting all this time for this it does not look like anytime soon getting this crenelated tailcap.

Maybe call JetBeam and see if they are in stock or how long it would be until they would have them in. I`m sure with this light getting more and more popular there has to be a big demand for the crenelated tailcap :D

LowFlux

Enlightened
I have the JetBeam III M and love the tail stand on this light and wished the RRT-2 Raptor would tail stand also but getting the crenelated tailcap sounds like a great idea but with you waiting all this time for this it does not look like anytime soon getting this crenelated tailcap.

Maybe call JetBeam and see if they are in stock or how long it would be until they would have them in. I`m sure with this light getting more and more popular there has to be a big demand for the crenelated tailcap :D
Well, I actually JUST scored a Jet-III M - HBD2me!:twothumbs. What a light! :drool: I love having IBS for second level of output.

I can now swap my own crenelated tailcaps with the Raptor-2 but the RRT-2 lacks a clip and it's a little big for loose pocket carry. After the newness of the III M wears off...lovecpf

henry1960

Enlightened
Well, I actually JUST scored a Jet-III M - HBD2me!:twothumbs. What a light! :drool: I love having IBS for second level of output.

I can now swap my own crenelated tailcaps with the Raptor-2 but the RRT-2 lacks a clip and it's a little big for loose pocket carry. After the newness of the III M wears off...lovecpf

I have had this light for a week now and i personally think it is one of the best light JetBeam has out there but if the RRT-2 had a clip & was capable of tail standing they would be neck & neck :poke:

LowFlux

Enlightened
Great news, Bugoutgear just contacted me that my crenelated tailcap has shipped. I inquired, they have more in stock!

Looking forward to trying it out on the RRT-2 soon! :party:

Bass

Enlightened
Great news, Bugoutgear just contacted me that my crenelated tailcap has shipped. I inquired, they have more in stock!

Looking forward to trying it out on the RRT-2 soon! :party:

Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting on one these; mainly for a lanyard attachment.

Incoming to the UK!