Help! Seeking input on a light.

interdictor

Newly Enlightened
Here's the deal. Being in law enforcement, a flashlight or two or more is about a given. I recently have decided to "upgrade". With a bit of reading I thought about a couple different lights, Malkoff MD2, Elzetta, RMSK, and several others come to mind.

Here's what I am looking for:
I want to be able to recharge the batteries or flashlight.

I want to be able to carry this thing, in other words I don't need another standard issue maglight chargable. Its a great impact weapon and has done me well over the years providing illumination.

I also want the thing to be BRIGHT. Decent throw, some spill is good too. The main functions I want are high and low.

I want it do be durable. I have dropped lights. I work in all kinds of conditions (wet, cold, hot, etc) I have even thrown lights on occasion.

I want a pricepoint under $175 (light, batteries, & charger)

The more I surf, the more options I see advertised. I would like to know from those of you users what you think from personal experience on a light system meeting my "I wants".

Thanks ahead of time.

Respectfully.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Let's see...
Rechargeable, compact, bright, more throw than spill, high & low, durable and costs less than $175. My immediate thought goes to Surefire E2DL or LX2.

Others might be Jetbeam III M and Raptor RRT-2. I'm sure there're some more which others might chime in.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Surefire 6P
Malkoff M60 Drop-in
Malkoff 2 stage selector
Ultrafire charger
AW 17670 cell

Should be about your price point, excellent light.

If you can settle with one level and can spend a little more, you can go with my setup, very useful and bright, tons of spill light and throws well

Used Surefire C2 (about $100-$120 on CPFMP) (6P is fine as well)
Nailbender D26 SST50 Neutral White Drop-in ($65)
AW 17670 Cell ($10)
Pila Charger or Ultrafire Charger ($50 and $18 respectively)

interdictor

Newly Enlightened
The eagletac definately has sparked interest. I am torn to the Surfire/Malkoff combo two for a durability aspect. Surprised nobody brought up the M20 as it seems to be mentioned quite a bit on the web and vendors.