Quick Preon 2 Question

AusKipper

Enlightened
Hi,

Cant seem to find this anywhere..

Is the 160lm output on standard AAA or the 10440?? (In the 4Sevens Preon 2, Titanium..)

(also, while we are here, is the Fenix LD05 100lm output on standard AAA or 10440?)

Ta...

AusKipper

Enlightened
The Preon cannot use 10440's.

Thats why I love CPF, an answer within 5 mins :)

Thanks.

I purchased 1 yesterday (Preon) for my mother for Christmas, but then started stressing she would have to stuff around with 10440's to get that output...

Anyway, much relieved.

Thanks Marduke.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
It means no LiIon, you can use AA Energizer lithium L92.

Sorry for being hard headed persistent.

I really need to make sure before I order as I am almost exclusively on Primary Energizer Lithiums (L92).

Two L92 combined is greater than 3.0v.

Still OK, right ???

Thanks.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Sorry for being hard headed persistent.

I really need to make sure before I order as I am almost exclusively on Primary Energizer Lithiums (L92).

Two L92 combined is greater than 3.0v.

Still OK, right ???

Thanks.

I did miss the "2" in you title, using two L92 is on the high side, but according to the discharge curve for L92, they will be around 1.4 volt under load. I.e. the light will be slightly overloaded for a few minutes with fresh batteries, the rest of the time it will be within specification.
Note: This overload is much lower than using a single LiIon in the light, i.e. I believe that it is safe.

JohnF

Enlightened
I've been using 2 L92's in my Preon 2 Ti for the last few weeks with no problems, but just because I didn't know better until now. YMMV.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could be wrong, but the impression I get is that it says a max of 3 volts because 4Sevens doesn't want people to use unprotected lithium ions. I beleive the MiNi Quarks use the same circuitry as the Preons, the difference being that 14500's and RCR123's are protected. Don't take my word though, I may be mistaken.