Is this lens flare or spirit orb?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
This frame was taken with a Canon G9. Lens flare I get from the SLR is different and I don't recall having had an instance of lens flare with the P&S like this. Usually, it takes a good portion of the frame out and it is pretty direct since the front element is shrouded and small to begin with.

Just to add intrigue, this particular room was the torture room at a Gov' house in Takayama, Japan dating from the Edo period of 169X.

Lens flare or spirit orb?

blotch2.jpg

The full size 4000x3000

http://www.michaelfongphotography.com/files/blotch.jpg

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look at the one at the bottom with a magnifying glass it appears to have a smiley face like this..... :)

If their ghost at least their happy and not......:devil:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like fungus on lens... :thinking:

Starhalo, is that a monkey casually walking across the pavement? :duh2:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a speck of dust illuminated by the flash. Because it is close to the camera it is out of focus and bright.
Greg

wow, good call Greg!

So it's not a 'grinning ghost'.......
crackup.gif

Looks like fungus on lens... :thinking:

Starhalo, is that a monkey casually walking across the pavement? :duh2:

I'm not sure what that is walking across the road but I know I'm going to have nightmares tonight.... :sick2:

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good call...agreed. Found another shot I took with some light rain with the flash firing...near identical blotches when examined. Darn...so much for the mysterious spirit world pics. ;)

blotch3.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
Starhalo, I'm not sure what the origin of that equestrian picture is but the fact that it so terribly blurred makes it highly suspect right off the bat.

Andreas, I loved your smiley face comment and yes, it's nearly a perfect face isn't it...haha. :)

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Starhalo, care to elaborate? What is the source of that image? Is it photoshopped?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well that is Kermit the frog's brother Karl. He's really not like Kermit at all.
He dislikes children and drinks too much but he is a decent broker.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that is Kermit the frog's brother Karl. He's really not like Kermit at all.
He dislikes children and drinks too much but he is a decent broker.

And while Kermit is American-Karl is Canadian.He enjoys drinking beer-ice fishing-and eating back bacon.This of course causes conflict with his wife-Mrs. Piggy-who considers eating back bacon cannibalism!!!

Is it just me guys or do we have waaaaaaaaaaay too much time on our hands????

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for the photos of sky orbs. If you point a camera straight up, alongside a house with the sun coming over the roof. Just before the sun breaks the edge of the roof and flares into the lens, it illuminates air pockets in the upper atmosphere. If the weather conditions are just right you can get lots of spectacular air pockets.

Not always fun when you fly through one and drop several feet in a jolt though.

I saw this in UFO magazine a few years ago. They wrote it up as a neat reflection of light through an air pocket, not a UFO event.