Best Keychain Flashlight under $35

901-Memphis

Enlightened
I am looking for a good bright led keychain flashlight at a reasonable price. Any links to good prices and quality units? Durability is always a concern when being in my pocket on my keys, but brightness is always a concern. Battery life plays the least important part in this decision.

Thanks in advance guys!

LightCannon

Enlightened
Many people like the Photon Freedom for its low pricepoint, as well as its many features.

However, if you want more power, there's the iTP A3 EOS or Maratac AAA. Theyre essentially the same light, except for that the iTP has a more robust keychain attachment point IMHO. Either will run you between 20-25 bucks.

The iTP also comes in Stainless Steel for about 30 bucks.

901-Memphis

Enlightened
The iTP A3 EOS looks pretty good, any better ones in that range at all? Even a tad more expensive?

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The iTP A3 EOS looks pretty good, any better ones in that range at all? Even a tad more expensive?

Get an Illuminati Q5 XP-E from Battery Junction (around $40 with discount coupon). It's a pretty babe and probably the best AAA keychain light up today.

901-Memphis

Enlightened
Get an Illuminati Q5 XP-E from Battery Junction (around $40 with discount coupon). It's a pretty babe and probably the best AAA keychain light up today.

Whats this discount coupon your talking about? I really like that flashlight. Whats the runtime on max and low output i don't see it on the list?

yuk

Newly Enlightened
For just $34 (using the CPF discount) you can get a 4Sevens Preon 1 with XP-G R5 in one of 4 different colors. ;)

901-Memphis

Enlightened
Is it a discount coupon code i type in at checkout? What is it or a link would help, really still finding everything on the forums but am trying!

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it is just a 5% discount.

I have a R5 illuminati and it is great, so if you dont mind going above your budget get the q5 version if there are still any left. However, remember with shipping you will still be going at least 10 bucks over your budget. However, that might very well be worth it.

If not, I think the ITP A3 E0S is the clear choice for you. I don't own one but everyone who does loves it.

901-Memphis

Enlightened
Well i really like the LRI Photon Proton PRO i found myself, but no one has commented on its quality or recommend it.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/proton.html

Also the IlluminaTi CA1 has caught my eye at about $40 from batteryjunction

Is it really worth it to get the XP-E 5Q led on the CA1? It will stretch my budget a bit more

balou

Enlightened
Well i really like the LRI Photon Proton PRO i found myself, but no one has commented on its quality or recommend it.

Well, it's an AA light, and not the smallest of its class.
9.8cm long, 2.1cm diam. Most people don't see that as keychain size anymore - but if you do, then you have quite the choice of lights for your keychain
Quark Mini AA or CR123 are a lot smaller, as is the Nitecore EZ AA/CR123.

Btw, Quark Mini AA is $35.88 with CPF8 discount code

Edit: the Proton Pro seems like quite a nice light - it has a unique placement of the switch for an 1xAA light, and I think it's also the only light in it's size and price class with two different LED colors. But it's not as efficient/bright as current 1xAA offerings (as a matter of fact, it wasn't the brightest a year ago when I joined this forum and bought my first high performance flashlight)

Last edited:

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
I had an LRI Proton Pro (and lost it! gah) which I really liked. I thought it was pretty small for a AA but I'm still dabbling in the low end lights so maybe they do come smaller. it fit on my keychain just fine.

My main complaint about the Proton was that it would not start low on the white LED, only on red. My usual usage was click for white high, then ramp down to the medium-ish level that I wanted it at.

White: starts High, ramp to Low, then strobe, sos, etc.
Red: starts Low, ramp to High, then strobes

I'd have prefered the Pro without the red LED at all, and full control of the white, but I've never heard anyone else complain about that. Don't get me wrong, it was a great light and I miss it.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
So i am looking for the AAA battery size probably.... That means the CA1 is leading my choice right now.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/q5-ti-illuminati-ca1-q5.html

Any better than that one now lol?:popcorn:

You may consider also a Maratac AAA (my favourite budget keychain flashlight)

have a look here

http://www.countycomm.com/aaa.html

There are four options to choose... (I got them all !)

Advantages over the Illuminati

- Threads are smoother, comfy 1-hand operation
- Hand grip
- Price
- Hard anodized

901-Memphis

Enlightened
Well i don't mind the AAA size option, so ones like the Illuminati are ones i like. Just can't seem to make my mind up on which one. The really small keychain ones are not the ones i am looking for, at least not at the moment.