newbie need advice on Mag P7 mod

Frankie02

Newly Enlightened
I was wonderin' if it possible to use 3x18650 with P7 as direct drive ? or do i need any kind of driver ?

TheInvader

Newly Enlightened
I would think he's somehow building a holder that connects them parallel, so he gets about 6A.hrs @ 3.7v. P7's can take up to 4.5 volts but you need to supply them with lotsa amps.

Frankie02

Newly Enlightened
I would think he's somehow building a holder that connects them parallel, so he gets about 6A.hrs @ 3.7v. P7's can take up to 4.5 volts but you need to supply them with lotsa amps.

well after cruising around the forums for awhile I finally ordered the 9AA to 3D adapter from FiveMega so i can use with 9 Sanyo 2700 but now I'm havin' a hard time picking out which driver I wanna use for my mod.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
well after cruising around the forums for awhile I finally ordered the 9AA to 3D adapter from FiveMega so i can use with 9 Sanyo 2700 but now I'm havin' a hard time picking out which driver I wanna use for my mod.

Are you debating the different features, or prices? I strongly suggest you choose one of these 4 for reliability reasons, but have no preference between them. I have both the TaskLED and The Sandwich Shoppe in different mods, love them both, never a problem, just different requirements I had for each light. I am considering the Der Wichtel to replace a faulty cheap driver in my 2C mag, it's fits the C mag, and has the different levels I want, so soon I can account for each type.

Are you modding a 3D Maglite, or building something else? It may help in your driver selection.

Frankie02

Newly Enlightened
Are you debating the different features, or prices? I strongly suggest you choose one of these 4 for reliability reasons, but have no preference between them. I have both the TaskLED and The Sandwich Shoppe in different mods, love them both, never a problem, just different requirements I had for each light. I am considering the Der Wichtel to replace a faulty cheap driver in my 2C mag, it's fits the C mag, and has the different levels I want, so soon I can account for each type.

Are you modding a 3D Maglite, or building something else? It may help in your driver selection.

Well i'm try to build my first MagSeven hehe and to be honest I don't really care how much it's cost for the driver I just want something that will last and not giving me problem and on top of that I kidda got my eyes on the Blue Shark with Remora and I don't care if I have 3 modes or single mode as long as i get a good run time and the good amount of brightness I'll be alright.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
MagSeven? 7 XR-E or P7's? Blue Shark is a boost driver, so totally different application. Need some more info.

Frankie02

Newly Enlightened
MagSeven? 7 XR-E or P7's? Blue Shark is a boost driver, so totally different application. Need some more info.

MagLite with P7 = MagSeven

well I got everything now all I need is a good driver that i can use to power P7 with 9AA with FiveMega holder...something that won't give me problem and longer run time.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
O.K. Then the Blue Shark will not work for you. It is a boost driver. You are supplying more voltage than a SSC P7 needs, so you need a buck driver. You can use the BUCK Shark with Remora, same UI as the BlueShark, just it's a buck driver. You can get it pre assembled, which I recommend if you aren't a pro at soldering, the remora gets a little tricky, and for the extra few $, you'll know it's done right. The Shoppe has always done me right, highly recommended!

Frankie02

Newly Enlightened
O.K. Then the Blue Shark will not work for you. It is a boost driver. You are supplying more voltage than a SSC P7 needs, so you need a buck driver. You can use the BUCK Shark with Remora, same UI as the BlueShark, just it's a buck driver. You can get it pre assembled, which I recommend if you aren't a pro at soldering, the remora gets a little tricky, and for the extra few $, you'll know it's done right. The Shoppe has always done me right, highly recommended!

okay so i guess I'm gonna order the Assembled SHARK with Remorado i need to remove trim pot or keep ? what you do think is best for my mod ?

thank you so much for the advice
Frankie

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay so i guess I'm gonna order the Assembled SHARK with Remorado i need to remove trim pot or keep ? what you do think is best for my mod ?

thank you so much for the advice
Frankie

BUCK Shark with remora, assembled, it will have the trim pot removed because the remora is installed, it takes it's place.

You may have to give the Shoppe an email to get the price, or at least check to make sure you are getting the correct BUCK Shark for either 1-2-or-3 Amp.

Frankie02

Newly Enlightened
BUCK Shark with remora, assembled, it will have the trim pot removed because the remora is installed, it takes it's place.

You may have to give the Shoppe an email to get the price, or at least check to make sure you are getting the correct BUCK Shark for either 1-2-or-3 Amp.

Cool thank you hey get on your AIM i got some to ask