• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Titanium / Tritium pendants

Status
Not open for further replies.

G1K

Newly Enlightened
I've run a few batches of these before but had to stop for a while. Long story short, I now have all the equipment in house to produce these and I'd like to run another batch.

Options:
1: # of sides

2: Slot style
- single with holes
- double

3: Tritium color
- I can install anything currently available from Merkava. Currently he has Green, yellow, blue and pink. +$3 for any color other than blue.

Prices:
3 or 4 slot, $110
6 slot, $155
Add $3 for tritium color other than green.

I will discount $17 for anyone who has an existing vial they'd like to use. The vial needs to be 23*3mm, and shipped to me (I'm not responsible for damage during shipment)

Payment: I'd prefer to use USPS money orders. I don't really like the new fees that are associated with paypal.

Shipment: USPS with delivery confirmation.

I'd like to keep shipping within the US, but I'll work with people on an individual basis to accommodate outside the US. Once the package leaves my hands I'm not responsible for any damage or shipping delays.

The lead time will be how long it takes for the vials to get from Merkava to me. I've had them come in as little as a few days and as long as 2.5 weeks. I will machine the titanium on a per order basis, so there should be no hold up there.

I will order the vials in batches of 5 so when we have the first 5 committed buyers, I'll put in the trit order and get everything rolling.

The vials are sealed from the environment, and I've dropped mine several times with out vial damage.

The pendants have a glass bead blasted finish. They are 3/8" diameter and ~2" long. They will have a stainless steel split ring installed on the end. All the pendants are manually machined and there are slight variations.

Here is an example of a double slot with 6 sides (no vial installed):

6sidedouble.jpg

Here are a 4 side and 6 side single with holes (again, no vial installed)
comparison1.jpg

And here is a group shot with and with out background light:
light.jpg

dark.jpg

I won't take any payment until the titanium is machined and the vials are installed and ready to ship. This covers both the buyer and myself in case of unforeseen machining issues or tritium shipment delays.

Ryan

rtryland

Newly Enlightened
Ryan,

Love your work! they're beautiful!

Curious if you have any Green or Ice Blue vials ready to go?

Let me know,

Thomas

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I would like a 4 sided single hole style. I have my own trit that's 23mm long by 3mm. What would be your address to ship that too?. Crazy side question, could you bore a hole 6mm long into a D10 piston, or even a MagLite cap? I have Norland61 but not the machines to make it need for the holes; looks like you have beyond the necessary equipment to do that, just up to you of course. Also, I would really like to use PP cash, I'll pay the fees and whatever suites your fancy if you would bore the cap and piston. Hit me up! :D:naughty:

G1K

Newly Enlightened
Ryan,

Love your work! they're beautiful!

Curious if you have any Green or Ice Blue vials ready to go?

Let me know,

Thomas

Thomas,
Sorry for the very long delay. My auto post notification must not be turned on, and I have not checked in to this thread in a while. Please PM me if you are still interested. I do have a green, two white and an orange vial on the way from Merkava now, they should be here shortly. I also have enough ti and tooling on hand to make any of the above designs.

Ryan

G1K

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I would like a 4 sided single hole style. I have my own trit that's 23mm long by 3mm. What would be your address to ship that too?. Crazy side question, could you bore a hole 6mm long into a D10 piston, or even a MagLite cap? I have Norland61 but not the machines to make it need for the holes; looks like you have beyond the necessary equipment to do that, just up to you of course. Also, I would really like to use PP cash, I'll pay the fees and whatever suites your fancy if you would bore the cap and piston. Hit me up! :D:naughty:

I have the material on hand to make one. I'll pm you my address. I may be able to cut the slot but I need a drawing (hand drawing is ok, even a MS paint on a photo of the tail cap or piston). I don;t want to assume I know what you need and then realize I can not do it correctly.

The total for the pendent will be $93 + what ever PP fees are, I'll have to figure it out. It's something like 2.5% to 3.5% + $0.40 or something like that.

I do know I will be completely swamped until Sunday Mar 28th (Finals for the winter quarter). I can try to get it done minus the vial install this weekend, and it would be a 2 day turn around from when your vial arrives.

Ryan

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
Yeah man I'll send you drawings of what I have in mind. I'm not too worried on how long it takes...and for the tritium I may actually use a vial you have for the pendant so it would be the $110 price I guess and that way I can use the 23mm for putting in the maglite cap. What's a good Email to send attachments?

wtserg

Newly Enlightened
hello
I would like to send you a paypal payment you can charge extra If it cost you to reciev from paypal what name an email do I send you a payment

thanks
wtserg

I've run a few batches of these before but had to stop for a while. Long story short, I now have all the equipment in house to produce these and I'd like to run another batch.

Options:
1: # of sides

2: Slot style
- single with holes
- double

3: Tritium color
- I can install anything currently available from Merkava. Currently he has Green, yellow, blue and pink. +$3 for any color other than blue.

Prices:
3 or 4 slot, $110
6 slot, $155
Add $3 for tritium color other than green.

I will discount $17 for anyone who has an existing vial they'd like to use. The vial needs to be 23*3mm, and shipped to me (I'm not responsible for damage during shipment)

Payment: I'd prefer to use USPS money orders. I don't really like the new fees that are associated with paypal.

Shipment: USPS with delivery confirmation.

I'd like to keep shipping within the US, but I'll work with people on an individual basis to accommodate outside the US. Once the package leaves my hands I'm not responsible for any damage or shipping delays.

The lead time will be how long it takes for the vials to get from Merkava to me. I've had them come in as little as a few days and as long as 2.5 weeks. I will machine the titanium on a per order basis, so there should be no hold up there.

I will order the vials in batches of 5 so when we have the first 5 committed buyers, I'll put in the trit order and get everything rolling.

The vials are sealed from the environment, and I've dropped mine several times with out vial damage.

The pendants have a glass bead blasted finish. They are 3/8" diameter and ~2" long. They will have a stainless steel split ring installed on the end. All the pendants are manually machined and there are slight variations.

Here is an example of a double slot with 6 sides (no vial installed):

6sidedouble.jpg

Here are a 4 side and 6 side single with holes (again, no vial installed)
comparison1.jpg

And here is a group shot with and with out background light:
light.jpg

dark.jpg

I won't take any payment until the titanium is machined and the vials are installed and ready to ship. This covers both the buyer and myself in case of unforeseen machining issues or tritium shipment delays.

Ryan

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
I haven't mentioned in this thread yet that I love my pendant! :twothumbs Cool having something that most don't, especially the general public. Ryan waits until all work is done before any payment is required; it's his practice and it works well.

bnemmie

Enlightened
G1K I am interested in a 6 sided double slot pendant. They look great. The most professional looking ones I have ever seen.

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
These look nice!

I'd be in for one when I get some money.

Also, it says + $3 for any color other than blue, and it also says + $3 for any color other than green.

G1K

Newly Enlightened
bnemmie,
For some reason I can not send a PM to you. I can make it tomorrow, I only have a white vial in stock. Please let me know what color you want if not white so I can put in an order from Merkava. The completition of the pendant will be directly dependent on how long it takes the vials to arrive from Asia.

swrdply400mrelay: I made a typo. Should have said green on both counts, but now no extra charges for any color that I can get from Merkava.

Ryan

bnemmie

Enlightened
I would like the green please. Please let me know where to send the Money Order and for how much. I am currently traveling all over the Gulf Coast with work so I would prefer to send you the MO as as soon as I can while I have the time and the ability, if thats ok with you. I might not have be able to in a few days.

Barefootone

Enlightened
Hi Ryan,

I'm wondering if in 5-10 years when the Tritium capsule dims :faint: can the pendant be opened and a new Tritium capsule be installed?

It would be a shame if the pendant couldn't be opened :(.

Thanks,

Jeff

skunknuts79

Newly Enlightened
Wow, these look really tight!

Can I order a 4-side w/ holes in orange?

Let me know how the process should go down re: timing/payment, etc.

Thanks much,
SN

P.S. If there are ones you already have made that would expedite the process, let me know, as I'm not wedded to the 4+holes....

Last edited:

G1K

Newly Enlightened
I would like the green please. Please let me know where to send the Money Order and for how much. I am currently traveling all over the Gulf Coast with work so I would prefer to send you the MO as as soon as I can while I have the time and the ability, if thats ok with you. I might not have be able to in a few days.

I really prefer to take payment when the pendant is finished. I'll PM you when it's ready to go. There's potential for delay and I don't want to tie up your money. I understand where you're coming from, but don't worry I wont sell it out from under you.
Hi Ryan,

I'm wondering if in 5-10 years when the Tritium capsule dims :faint: can the pendant be opened and a new Tritium capsule be installed?

It would be a shame if the pendant couldn't be opened :(.

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff,
The vial can be replaced.
Wow, these look really tight!

Can I order a 4-side w/ holes in orange?

Let me know how the process should go down re: timing/payment, etc.

Thanks much,
SN

P.S. If there are ones you already have made that would expedite the process, let me know, as I'm not wedded to the 4+holes....
SN,
I'll get the machining done on the pendant this week, and I have an order going in to Merkava (I may actually have an orange vial left). I'll pm you when it's ready to go. I currently do not have any finished. There may be a delay in that sometimes it takes a week or three to get the vial from Asia...

Ryan

Noctis

Enlightened
Really tempted to get a 6 side single slot with holes.

But I gotta ask, how bright is it really?

My only experience with tritium was with a blue tritium keyring off of eBay from a cheap Hong Kong seller who probably overcharged me by a wide margin.

I can only barely see it when it's pitch black and if it's further than 5 feet from my eyes I doubt I could find it on the ground if I ever dropped it.

So if it's lying on the ground from 20 feet away, would I be able to find it?

Also, does this come with a lanyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.