Red fluorescent Light? Battery powered

901-Memphis

Enlightened
I am looking to buy a Red Battery powered fluorescent light. Anyone have any clue where to find them? I looked over google forever and can't find it.

I am not very familiar with too many flashlight websites and don't even know who would have it.

Also if you have links to the best places to buy flahslights in general i would appreciate it. Only know of batteryjunction right now is where i look at everything.

901-Memphis

Enlightened
Huh ? I am looking for something like this with a red bulb. Or the place to buy the red bulbs. A lantern would work too i suppose.

ETRN4295.JPG

LightCannon

Enlightened
I am looking to buy a Red Battery powered fluorescent light. Anyone have any clue where to find them? I looked over google forever and can't find it.

I am not very familiar with too many flashlight websites and don't even know who would have it.

Also if you have links to the best places to buy flahslights in general i would appreciate it. Only know of batteryjunction right now is where i look at everything.
The two titans seem to be 4Sevens and Battery Junction currently (no pun intended.)

Other similarly popular ones can be found via links to Craig's flashlight review site (I'm posting his site simply because I'm too lazy to find the individual addresses for the other sites.)

http://www.lumensreview.com

901-Memphis

Enlightened
Does it have to be fluorescent? There are a number of red LED lights also.

Its a present for someone and they said they have seen them in fluorescent before so thats what i am trying to find. I guess if i have to i will try something like an led. Any idea on if i can find what i am looking for before i go looking at other items?

balou

Enlightened
Neon tubes are red. Try searching for them... although I don't know if there are any neon tubes who will work in a battery powered light.

Else look for red LEDs, as Marduke said.

Mr.Penny

Newly Enlightened
I know of a few places that sells colored fluorescent lights, but I need to know what type of fluorescent tube your looking for...

901-Memphis

Enlightened
I know of a few places that sells colored fluorescent lights, but I need to know what type of fluorescent tube your looking for...

I have no idea what i am looking for its a gift for someone, and all they said was that they wanted a battery powered red florescent light for the inside of his truck. I didn't get any info beyond that.

The neons won't work those are for molex hook up to inside of the computer, i need one that runs on like 8 D cell batteries. Or one that can be recharged

balou

Enlightened
The neons won't work those are for molex hook up to inside of the computer, i need one that runs on like 8 D cell batteries. Or one that can be recharged

Guess what voltage a pc power supply delivers. Guess which voltage 8 alkaline batteries have :p

I think you just found your solution ;)
Oh, and guess which voltage a car battery has ;)

Mr.Penny

Newly Enlightened
So basicly he wants an interior fluoescent light for his truck (not a lantern)? If so, balou's idea would be better, the molex connection wouldn't be a problem because your going to cut it off and wire it to a cigarette plug.

901-Memphis

Enlightened
Well i would prefer something OEM because its a gift for someone else, so i don't want to have to give them something i soldered up. I guess exactly what i need isn't around.

Mr.Penny

Newly Enlightened
Even if you get a battery powered fluorescent light, your still going to have to replace the bulb with a red one before you give it to him. The main reason why a light that runs off the car is better is because alkaline batteries tend to deteriorate in the car, especially in hot and cold weather.

But if you really want a battery power fluorescent light, I can tell you what you need to get...

901-Memphis

Enlightened
Well i was hoping to find one of those that have a rechargeable plug for a cigarette or wall plug that could be plugged into the truck. Its for a friend who drives over the road so he is in a big rig.

If you know where to find the right right light and replacement bulb i am all ears. Also hoping to do this at a reasonable price.

Mr.Penny

Newly Enlightened
Last edited: