batteries for e2d led and tk30

brianch

Enlightened
I wanted to know what the rechargable options were for the surefire e2d led and fenix tk30. Will they take unprotected or protected lithium rechargeables fine? If so what kind. thanks

Lightsman

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to know what the rechargable options were for the surefire e2d led and fenix tk30.
For the Fenix TK30 it is easy. You can use 1 or 2 18650 cells (depending on using the externder tube or not). This flashlight officially supports LiIon rechargeable.
For the Surefire E2DL it is not as easy. Officially rechargeables are not supported. As long as you use only one single cell you should not have any problems. I would not recommend using two RCR123 cells. You can burn out your LED driver circuit. If the battery tube diameter is large enough you can use also 18650 cells. If not you can try 17670 or 14670 cells. (Check out AWs LiIon cells)

Will they take unprotected or protected lithium rechargeables fine? If so what kind. thanks
Basically you can take protected or unprotected cells. But I'd recommend protected cells to prevent deep depletion. At all I made good experience with AWs.

hk dave

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to know what the rechargable options were for the surefire e2d led and fenix tk30. Will they take unprotected or protected lithium rechargeables fine? If so what kind. thanks

Great taste in lights! Those are the two I have as well...

Well I just ordered the tk30 so im curious about the batteries as well.

Does anyone know which AW 18650 is best? Has anyone tested the 2600 version as opposed to the 2200 version?