help for mid-budget light please!

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I am a dedicated flashaholic. I use mostly high-end lights, McGizmos, ArcManias, some surefires, and a couple Malkoffs (go Wildcat!) I don't know too much about lights in the range I'm looking at, and need some help.

Anyway, my father in law owns a plumbing and HVAC subcontractor, and wants to get his six techs a light.

Parameters:

$55 max budget (lower is good, too...but quality is a MUST)
2 X 123 desired (does not want AA lights)
Nice mix of throw/flood.
Clickies only. A selector like the malkoff (twist tight for high, loose for low, but just one button push either way) would be OK.

SIMPLE UI. I mean SIMPLE. My preference would be a two mode (low/high) forward clicky. The low should be a USABLE low in a semi dark basement, etc, not a crazy ultra-low, maybe something in the 20-30 lumen range? High should be as high as possible.
Too many levels, or having to click through them or learn much of anything will make this light get tossed in a box. I've met these guys, and they are no nonsense, want their tools simple and functional. None of them would stand for a "gizmo factor" A light with a complicated UI, even one that WE dont' cosnider too complicated, will be a complete non-starter.

Runtime, not too important.
Durability is important...these WILL be working lights.
Ones that come with a holster would be good.

The only one in my head right now is the 4 Sevens Quark 2 X 123 (58 bucks, for the older R2 version, but I think I can talk him into it).
other thoughts?

Thanks a ton guys.

abladeafficionado

Newly Enlightened
Get the Tactical Quark 2 123 light then. You can program head tightened to be max, head loosed to be either low or medium (not moonlight) and it would be a two mode light like you asked where they only have to tighten or loosen the bezel for mode change. I don't know much about flashlights but that seems pretty simple to me for the average Joe.

LightCannon

Enlightened
I think the EagleTac P100C2 is priced around 40 or so dollars. Two modes: head tightened for high, loosen for "low."

220lm and 55lm, respectively.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That eagle-tac looks just about like what we're looking for! Thanks!

Any expereince with it? Relieability?

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm...eagletac looks like it's out of stock everywhere.
I thought it was in stock at eagletac-usa, I placed an order for 8 lights last night, but I got no confirmation, and now it is showing as out of stock.