Which AAA next

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I like collecting the tiny lights more.After listening to fellow members have got the Microstream-ITP A3 EOS up graded and Fenix EO1.

What next should I be looking at to enlarge my collection?

nutzz

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a aaa or aa light.

What aaa or aa light in your opinion is best.
Im looking for a poket light the L2 i have is just a bit to big.
Any info much appriceaited.
THANKS.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Re: Looking for a aaa or aa light.

:welcome: nutzz! :wave:

Have you tried a CPF search?

I just did a CPF Google search (located at the top of every page) for the string "AA Light", and it came up with 14,700 results. You could narrow down the results by adding the words "best", "favorite", or "recommend". You can also narrow down the date by putting "2009" in the string.

I know navigating CPF can be daunting, but a new thread on a much-discussed topic will only add to the future confusion!

Good luck - I'm sure you'll find something, and then some :D :devil: out there.

:thumbsup: john

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to consider a titanium light like the preon or illuminati. Just be aware that with titanium lights the threads usually stick a bit more than with aluminum. I feel like you might also like a peak eiger, since they are very pretty lights and very customizable.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about something with a different color LED?

I would recommend checking out the Arc AAA UV.

Great light for checking currency, cat pee on carpet (if you have a cat), or just about anything that fluoresces.

The UV LED it uses is one of the best at making things glow IMO.
It won't put out a lot of light which is good but it will make things glow very well.

bansuri

Enlightened
You should read HKJ's thread on "a look at AAA flashlights" I found it very useful.

Here's the link.

For the record: I absolutely love my Liteflux LF2, LF2X, and LF2XT.
Voltage report, Li-ion and NiMH battery protection, programmable, awesome.

LightCannon

Enlightened
How about something with a different color LED?

I would recommend checking out the Arc AAA UV.

Great light for checking currency, cat pee on carpet (if you have a cat), or just about anything that fluoresces.

The UV LED it uses is one of the best at making things glow IMO.
It won't put out a lot of light which is good but it will make things glow very well.

Cat pee fluoresces? :eeew:

There's a whole bunch of options out there. Most of the popular ones have already been named, so I'm not gonna beat a dead horse with more of them.

But there is that nifty little Tank007 TK-703...or the TK-701 (I think) that I've had the pleasure of handling at a recent get-together.

Last edited:

LightCannon

Enlightened
Lol, yeah, or my cat must be from another planet..

Here was a small review I did of the Arc UV compared to a couple of other small UV lights:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176509

There's a pic in there showing a pee stain left by that martian.;)

hovercat.jpg

:nana:

On a slightly off topic note, did you compare your UVs against the DX UV fauxtons? How do they stack up?

tucolino

Newly Enlightened
hi there.

i am patiently waiting for a illuminati light and my actual edc light is a fenix ld01 ss, witch i love.but...

recently i got the LiteFlux LF2XT natural, and my mind was blown away.the beautiful beam, all the options you can program,the switch....

in fact, i still use my fenix as key ring torch for not scratching this amazing light.

it is for sure the best aaa light you can get

take a look at shelfbuilt review:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/235929

hope it helps.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
:green:Whoa! LOL, what a view!

Yes I did have one of those lights, it was in purple casing, I've looked in my drawer and can't seem to find it now.. I don't know if I'd given it away or not?:thinking:

From what I remember, it was more purple than violet, ~395nm - 410nm would be my guess.

It put out more visible light then the Arc UV but did not make objects glow very well.

The LED used in the Arc is the Nichia NSPU510CS which is rated at 375nm wavelength and that seems to be the sweet spot for making things glow from my simple testing.

The thing is, the fact that the Arc puts out less visible light is a big plus because less visible light means whatever is glowing will stand out more.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another +1 for the Peak Eiger. 3 metals, brass,HAIII aluminum and stainless steel, 3 different beam choices, 8 output levels to choose from, cool, neutral or colored (last I checked they had red, red/orange and cyan Rebels) and 3 body types (I'm unsure which metals are available in each of the body styles).

Check out the Peak subforum on here and take a look at the Eiger threads and if you decide to get one, do youself a favor and call them, Curt will help you decide exactly what you want.