Good Rechargable AAA for Q5 torch

deerndingo

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I've just purchased a P3 EDI-T torch. Great output. Happy as a clam. I threw three Energiser LiIon batteries into it. I have been told that it will perform better with these batteries in it because they drive it harder. These batteries are not cheap so I'm going to go down the path of rechargeable batteries.

What rechargeables are there that can put out good grunt for this torch

Marduke

Flashaholic
1) "Q5" is just the bin code of the LED used, not any sort of model number. Just something to keep in mind for future reference.

2) Can you include a link to the light? Believe it or not, most people are not inherently familiar with every off brand light out there.

3) Energizer lithium cells are NOT Li-Ion. Two COMPLETELY different chemistries...

4) Eneloops and a smart charger will be your best choice for rechargables.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
deerndingo, you couldn't get a better answer to your question.
Marduke has sumed up perfectly...

deerndingo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,
A link to the light: www.accurateshooters.com.au/headhunter_hunting_lights.htm

I bought this for a friend as a Christmas present and have used it to check it out. It burns a hole in the hot spot of a Wolf Eyes Sniper, has a focusable aspherical lens, is good for 200m and runs on 3 AAAs. I got me a Dereelight DBS V3. The DBS does just beat it but only by a hair. I should have saved my money and bought two P3s.

So what are Energizer lithium cells

Who sells Eneloops

deerndingo

Newly Enlightened
amigafan2003
Erm, the one you have in your flashlight atm?

Lot's of places in Aus:-

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/150519

Erm, thanks for th constructive input. It'd be whats the difference between LiIon and the Energizers then.

And, any good tips on cheap places to buy the eneloops.

I came here because there are knowledgeable people here. If you don't have much to say then keep it FW.