Which SF LED Head for 9P?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure which head is targeted at the 9P. The SF catalog has the KL5 going on the 6P, C2, C3, M2. But the KL6 for the M3 and M6. Which one is best suited for maximum output and runtime on 3x123 and will fit the 9P? Al, do you have any idea?

Wilkey

Size15's

Flashaholic
The KL5 will fit and function on Two or Three SF123A 'standard' body models.

6P/9P
6Z/9Z
Z2/Z3
C2/C3
D2/D3
M2
G2/G2Z

The KL5 has not yet been released. There is no expected release date that I know of.

Al

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm,

I hope that doesn't mean the same maximum output but just longer run time. I would prefer the extra juice of the third 123 to go towards making more photons.

Wilkey

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
To warp this thread just a touch:

I also want to see that third 123 be used for photons, perhaps some overdrive. Now, I have an M3 and when I look at the picture of the KL6 in the SF catalogue I see a big head. I'm hoping it's designed for more power than the KL4.

What do you think Al?

Paul

Size15's

Flashaholic
What do I think?

I think that SureFire will get as much output from their 5W Luxeon bezels as possible.

However, I would think that the KL5 on the C3 is likely to run longer rather than much brighter than on the C2.

I guess that this is electronics tweeking and could still be subject of change though.

Al

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Wait? For an indefinite time period? What kind of a flashaholic do you take me for?!? What kind of a flashaholic are you?

Wait? HA! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif A true flashaholic would counsel me to buy the right one now, plus the KL5 when it eventually comes out.

Now, seriously... Al, which one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I say don't get the KL3. Wait for the KL5.

If you feel the need to spend money now, I suggest you get an SRTH TurboHead from Lagger Pro (LPS) http://www.lagger-pro.com/hd3t.htm I believe they are the only Dealer that stock this item. You'll need to specify the N2 lamp for use on your 9P.

Al

P.S.
On a side note, based on how we saw the KL4 released, one may think that SureFire will do the same with the KL5. At least I suspect you may have to wait longer for a KL5-BK (black) to be sold on it's own.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
On a side note, based on how we saw the KL4 released, one may think that SureFire will do the same with the KL5. At least I suspect you may have to wait longer for a KL5-BK (black) to be sold on it's own.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope you are right about this one Al because that is exactly what I want. So far I've passed on the L4/KL4 because I want that bigger, deeper reflector. I figure that combined with the added mass of the bigger body should make for better heat and photon management. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pat