LED flashlights manufacturers websites are poor

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_DF

Newly Enlightened
I hope this is not too off topic...

something I noticed, not sure if this is of any importance to anyone, but to actually call most of the LED flashlights manufacturers websites poor would still be a polite understatement. most of them look like they belong in late 90s.

I wonder why that's the case. maybe it's got something to do with the fact that a lot of the manufacturers are china-based and, since design and branding are not naturally the strong point in that market, they don't want to outsource this? or maybe the low-key approach is part of a purposeful strategy ("all function, no form") appealing to the flashoholics out there ("I want my light to be well designed, not the website")? it seems a little bit strange given how some manufacturers seem to be breaching out to outdoor/adventure/sports environments, running ads in magazines, etc.

I'm not saying the websites are not informative, in most cases I have been able to find most of the information I needed, but the user experience is not too great (stands true for both the manufacturers and suppliers). I guess everyone is too busy designing the holly grail of flashlights to focus on such trivial matters as improving their branding :)

DM51

Flashaholic
This is quite an interesting topic, and I'm sure a good discussion would be worthwhile.

However, this is not the correct forum for that - could I suggest you post it in Manufacturers' Corner in the MarketPlace? You'll need to register there separately, if you have not already done so.

When you've posted there, let me know, and I'll put a link to it here so people will know where to go.

Incidentally, from my own personal observation, it's by no means just the Chinese manufacturers who have poorly designed websites!

I'll close this thread and await your notification that you've started a new one in the MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.