Best EDC C cell light?.

nutzz

Newly Enlightened
Whats the best single cell C light on the market in your opinion?.

Liteskr42

Newly Enlightened
I dont think there is one depending on what you consider edc'able. The closest I can think of is the Lumapower Mentor and us it in single cell config. and get an AW Li-Ion C cell (26500?)

There are 2 versions one with an MCE led the other with an R2? Definitley read up on this light though , it may be a disappointment if you dont do the research

donn_

Flashaholic
This (in front) is my smallest 1C light:

IMGP3103.jpg

It's a FiveMega 1C clicky body with an old-style Surefire Z32 shock-isolated bezel containing a nailbender 3-speed SST-50 P60 drop-in.

It's shown with a round body Surefire 6P for size comparison.

I suppose it could be considered an EDC, because it easily fits many holsters on a duty belt.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF nutzz. That's a cool screen name.

Since the forward voltage of most LEDs, certainly power LEDs, is greater than the 1.5v a fresh single C cell can provide, there isn't much advantage in having a single cell C light, since it would require an energy using boost circuit. IMHO this is why there are few choices in this category. A single CR123 cell can provide twice the voltage in a smaller package, so it is easier to build a performance light around that cell with the added bonus of doing it in a smaller package, hence the proliferation of single cell CR123 lights.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
ever considered not getting a C celled "EDC" light?
A 1xAA or 1xAAA or 1xCR123 would be A LOT more lighter with little effect on performance compared to C alkalines.

mdocod

Flashaholic
The single cell "C" flashlight: an often ignored category that deserves more attention. I'm interested in seeing more responses and ideas. C diameter isn't bad for EDC for anyone with a cargo pocket or small holster. A single C cell packs more stored energy than many combinations of 2-3 or more smaller cells that end up stacked end to end creating a larger overall size unit.

When considering performance, yes, a 1.2V or 1.5V C cell is not going to be able to efficiently drive a 300 lumen pocket rocket, but 100 lumens is perfectly attainable and perfectly adequate for most peoples needs. Runtime should be pretty darn good.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are also many C size builds out there, but you have to use li-on C cell. The smallest I have seen are the Fivemega 1C hosts, which fit the 26500 IMR C cells. They can power P60 drop-ins that make up to 36watts of power:sick2:

I like the 1C Mag light hosts because I can change reflectors, lens, bulbs, and use the cells I want. It gives me more flexibility.

Here is mine:
P8260069.jpg

P8260070.jpg

Blight

Newly Enlightened
lumapower mentor.

Wow, this light looks pretty nice to me. I'm starting to come around to the idea of having a flashlight for every cell combination in case of emergencies. This seems to be the best C cell light I've seen. At least the two reviews I've seen make it look really good.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/247579

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/241727

I especially like the option to use 1 or 2 cells. Still out of my price range for now, but this one is getting bookmarked! :)