Surefire KL4/L4 lens...

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I managed to take apart my KL4 while trying to locate the missing orings. It looks like the lens on the KL4 can be easily replaced.

What is the Lens on the KL4 made out of? Is it pyrex? It sure feels like glass, so i think it's safe to assume that it isn't lexan. In any case, can the lens be replaced with UCL or Borofloat lenses from Flashlightlens.com? I'm sure the lenses from Surefire are of highest quality, but i'd like to purchase a set of lenses just in case anything happens to the original lens.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
LEDagent,

The lenses are pyrex with an anti-reflective coating. I think you will find that most other lenses are no where near as thick. The mineral glass and saphire lenses on Dat2zip's site for the Mag will fit but you will want to add a new O-ring to make up for the gap of the thinner lens. You would also want to test for seal.

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The one I took apart seemed to have the same thickness lens in it. I think I tossed the stock lens so I can't confirm an exact thickness but I did need to install an O-ring to make up the gap with the mineral glass lens so I'll stand on my previous supposition until shown the error of my ways........

- Don

Latest posts