handheld lumens flashlight spread sheet?

chrise2004

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

First off thanks for everyone on this forum I've been lurking for the past week and have enjoyed reading. I was directed to this forum from defensivecarry.com and I'm very glad to get here and read up on all of the great info.

Onto my question...I have found several spreadsheets for different flashlights and their LED devices ect. But haven't found anything specific to lumens/outputs and that's what I'm looking for is a spreadsheet of different flashlights and the max/min outputs. I was just wondering if there is one or if someone could point me in the right direction.

Sorry if this has been posted maybe I just didn't dig far enough.

Thanks in advance,
-Chris

Marduke

Flashaholic
The problem is it would literally be a full time job to just keep it up to date. It's practically impossible.

However, you will find out quickly that how bright a flashlight is happens to be just one aspect of a light, and usually not even the most important one.

That, and there are too many values you could choose. There are manufacturer lumens, emitter lumens, OTF lumens, imaginary lumens.... You get the idea.

HKJ

Flashaholic
If you just need a overview of max/min output, you can check the beamshots/reviews on my webpage, they usual contains a graph comparing all light levels for a couple of flashlighs:

Brightness.png

The graph is logarithmic to match the way our eyes sees light, i.e. the difference between 1 and 2 looks just as big as the difference between 100 and 200.

The output is measured with a ceiling bounce and scaled relative to the light I am writing about.