Do you keep your flashlight boxes?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a simple question, like the title suggests.

Do you keep your flashlight boxes? So far i've kept all my boxes, but not blister packs and ziplock bags. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I don't know why i do...i guess i'm just a packrat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might not be a bad idea...if you decide to sell in the future you`ll be able to include the box. Myself, I keep the packaging on most everything I buy untill the return option time has run out. So no...I don`t really keep the boxes.

Ken

Screehopper

Enlightened
I already keep too many boxes around for other products (ie camera equipment, radio comm gear) so in an effort to avoid being a pack rat I don't keep flashlight boxes. The only ones I keep are the ones that could be used to hold other miscellaneous items and nick-nacks.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep some of them. It comes in handy if you sell any lights later and I tend to have a revolving collection at times. The trick is trying to figure out which to keep and which to throw away so that I don't become a total pack rat.

Some lights I can't or won't sell and then I really don't need the packaging. That said, it can still be hard to predict what I will keep and what I won't. Sometimes I just build up more lights than I can use and then I sell some. Sometimes, I even end up selling lights that I like but that I realistically just won't use often enough to justify keeping. I usually take a loss on the sale of these lights but it is less than it will cost me to keep something I don't even use. I figure the loss I take on each light that I buy and then resell is the price of 'renting' the light for awhile. It lets me check out more lights than I would normally get to and hopefully it allows others to get lights they like at a good deal.

Speaking of which, I hope you are enjoying the Lambda light that you bought from me. It was a pleasure doing business with you,
Pat

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I generally keep boxes and blister packs (or just the card) if the instructions and warranty are part of the packaging.
But if a light just comes in a bag, I'll get rid of the packaging and keep the flashlight.

Pack rat?
I guess so. I got so much stuff here you'd go dizzy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rat pack?
That's what America's Funniest Home Videos called Missy, the "TV Wonder Rat". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tomas

Banned
Uh, none of my recent lights has come in a box, they came in blister packs, plastic zip-lock bags, bubble-pack envelopes and such.

I keep instructions, warranties and lights, the rest goes in the dumpster out back.

Oh, I also cut the return name and address off the bubble-pack envelope and kept it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif
T_sig2.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Since I seem to have a problem with discarding just about anything, flashlightpackagings are not an exception... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If it wasn't for my wife, I'd be needing a lot more space now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep EVERYTHING, to the sticker of rank on the Arc LSH-P to the "Where there's light, there's heat" bookmark from Surefire. I keep everything if I have to sell anything and just because I'm a perfectionist. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dan

Catapult

Enlightened
I keep everything, everything, everything, the rubber bands, the tape, even the box it came shipped with, minus the packing peanuts (and minus the staples if it is the plastic bag stapled to the card type packaging). I got plastic bags and blister packs inside boxes inside larger boxes inside larger boxes. I'm running out of space to keep it all. Heck, I keep stuff from everything, not just flashlight packaging.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm with logicnerd....i keep -everything-. even the envelope that my arc LS was mailed to me in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tattoou2

Enlightened
Yes, I usually keep everything for at least six months...all packaging, instructions, blister packs, etc. If I decide to sell a light in that six months, I have all the original packaging; however, if I decide to keep a light and it becomes one of my favorites and sees daily use or becomes one that I just cannot part with, I'll usually toss the original packaging after a while. The only packaging I really keep are the SF boxes and all the inserts.

gyverpete

Enlightened
I'm a packrat too. I keep all the small printed boxes of any gear I buy. I use it to store either the item that came in it or for other stuff. Most blister packs and bags go in the recycling bin since they serve no practical storage purpose and usually don't have any printing on them. The only blister packs I keep are those that still contain new items that are spares/backups or that may be eventually sold or given as gifts. I keep ALL literature, tags and display cards of alot of the stuff I buy, not just lights. Most is reference material to me. Some have sentimental value. I put them in file folders according to type of item (EDC gear, tools, appliances, electronics and so on). Shipping boxes and envelopes I keep to reuse if I send something out. Some boxes I keep for storing stuff in my shed. So very little gets thrown away.

Also, I keep all packaging(everything) of any significant item until the return period is over. After that I choose what to keep or throw away as outlined above.

avusblue

Enlightened
Speaking of which . . . anyone have any excellent condition CMG Infinity Ultra packages they'd be willing to give me? I'm going to give some of my mint condition Ultras away as gifts, but I didn't save the packages. (I guess that answers the question of the topic -- although I do save the packages for my more "special" lights).

I will PayPal a buck or two for postage if anyone wants to help out with a little LED light evangelism. PM me for mailing address and details. Thanks!!

Dave

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Had to dash...

I keep all the boxes to: Diecast, Firearms, Knives And MOST packaging of flashlights. Not the plastic packs I have to cut or tear open, but actual boxes.

And the stock parts to my Mini's hang in a baggy on the wall.

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
1. I keep SureFire boxes, instructions, etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. I cut the sticker/label off of the SF polybag items and save them in a zip-loc baggie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

3. I save Arc AAA clamshell packages and zip-locs w/stickers

4. I save "nice", small shipping boxes, cartons, etc. to use
them to ship stuff that I sell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

5. I save instruction manuals from anything that comes with one.

6. I save receipts for all electronic and "big-ticket" items.

("if you have the original receipt we'll gladly replace it free of charge"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif - "WHAT! YOU HAVE THE RECEIPT") /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I love it when that happens! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep the manuals and packaging cards, sometimes the flattened box if it's thin tagboard, but not the blister packs, large boxes, or internal box packaging.