Gloating

roberttheiii

Newly Enlightened
I have to gloat. I love my Arc AAA. I carry a E1B, but my ARC is always there when I forget the E1B, etc.

Question though, when are we getting the post Arc 6 AAA update?

:p

R

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he is talking about something I said awhile back. I mentioned that I would like to update the AAA design after I was done working on the Arc6. I did produce a detailed proposal for a fairly new AAA recently but because of the economy, it has been put on hold for awhile. Please don't ask for details since I still want to produce it someday.

peter

roberttheiii

Newly Enlightened
That is what I'm referring to. May I sit around, salivate, and imagine in what direction you might go? ;)

I love my Arc AAA as mentioned, but I wouldn't mind a brighter backup. My brother loves the AAA I gave him for his keys, and it really is incredbly bright. My concern with replacing my ARC is that nothing can break it! I've dropped lesser flashlights and had them die on me, never even a thought with my Arc.

Thanks and my imagination is running!

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he is talking about something I said awhile back. I mentioned that I would like to update the AAA design after I was done working on the Arc6. I did produce a detailed proposal for a fairly new AAA recently but because of the economy, it has been put on hold for awhile. Please don't ask for details since I still want to produce it someday.

peter

Peter

It has been my experience that majority of businesses that hunker down to weather out the storm, see more of a financial hit

Those who innovate and take risk emerge as leaders

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
That may have been the case in the past- but this seems to be a different type of economic crisis- people are just not buying- and the banks that got all the bailout dollars are not distributing out to mom and pop operations...I hope ARC and Peak survive...it would be a shame to see either of them go away.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
That may have been the case in the past...

I have to respectfully disagree. You do have to cut expenses and run leaner to accommodate the current situation, but you also have to have a strategy for growth.

People are still buying, just not as much as before. Just look at the threads on CPF. If you can grow during economic hardship, you will see a bigger growth when the economy turns around.

I avoid some business owners that hunker down, many tend to complain a lot. The ones who are growing have great ideas and have helped me grow in the past year.

This is the perfect time to put a growth strategy in place, competition is going out of business or consolidating, more vendors are fighting for your business with competitive pricing. digital marketing cost has gone down, Consumers are looking for replacement products no longer available or a product that adapts more to their new conditions, etc,etc,etc.......

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
And back on topic, I have to agree robert that even though I have a ton of other significantly brighter lights, my arc aaa-p (super old version) gets a ton of use because it just happens to always be there.

To modify a saying about cameras - The best light is the one that's with you.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
I have to respectfully disagree. You do have to cut expenses and run leaner to accommodate the current situation, but you also have to have a strategy for growth.

I respect and appreciate your respectfull disagreement stance. I am no economist or small business owner- so you surely have a better idea of what it is like out there. I just have to wonder how much "leaner" a small scale shop that is run by Peter or Robyn and Curt can get. They have to pay themselves. Just my opinion- I would hate to see either maker walmarted out of business.:shrug:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just have to wonder how much "leaner" a small scale shop that is run by Peter or Robyn and Curt can get. They have to pay themselves. Just my opinion- I would hate to see either maker walmarted out of business.:shrug:

I agree you can only generate so much profit by "cutting expenses" or "running leaner". A business needs to grow eventually to be prosperous. Especially when your product involves technology.

Last edited:

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
Personally, I think marketing plays a big role. I am no die hard flashlight fan, but occasionaly visit this site. I have bought lights like the ra clicky, quark, ex10, and a couple other lights that are dicussed regularly on the forums. The first mention I heard of this light (arc6) was on the pole recently, ra clicky vs arc6. I then researched the light, and decided to get one. I was looking for a mclux pd in aluminum for a while (also because of hearing what good light it is here on cpf). The arc6 looks very similar.

I don't know why there is not more talk of this light? You can't argue price anymore, it is priced around the same as other lights in the high end edc style lights. Sapphire crystal, titanium bezel, etc.. Just like my father used to say "word of mouth is the best advertisment", and if this light is worthy (which I am sure it is) I will do my part to recomend this light and company.

God bless and happy Holidays to all of you!

Kerry

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you guys for the positive posts. I continue to work on the new AAA in my spare time. Not sure if it will ever see production though.

peter

Last edited:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you guys for the positive posts. I continue to work on the new AAA in my spare time. Not sure if it will ever see production though.

peter

Even if it never see's production, Arc has a solid line up of products and testimonials. I think it needs just a little more aggressive marketing beyond the CPF crowd. I think the lights could be bigger with consumers who need quality tools (such as service technicians) rather than consumers who are flashlight enthusiasts. After all thats what the AAA design philosophy caters to.

Many of these marketing tactics have little to no cost to them

I

paulr

Flashaholic
+1 for re-introduction of the classic Arc AA while the technology for the new AAA (a more advanced light if I remember the earlier discussion) is in the works. And yes, I'm still very fond of the old AAA and just noticed last night that I seem to have one more than I remembered (I think it's a CS model). One can never have too many ;)

fyrstormer

Banned

peter
If I were going to design a new AAA, I would make a hard-anodized aluminum version of the Ti-AAA, with a spring-loaded two-stage pressure switch in the head. Tightening the head a little would turn it on low, and tightening the head more would turn it on high, with no need for a foam disc to reduce battery rattle. I'm not a fan of foam discs if there's any other way to make it work.