Nitecore flashlight reveals possibility of supernatural in university classroom!

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
Well, it finally happened: I was in class during a power outage! Although the power was out for less than an hour, I was thrilled to experience it before the end of the semester at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.

As the darkness took hold, I casually pulled out my D10 R2 and continued reading my notes. One classmate pulled out a small LED light, and the teacher showed off her crank light, which wouldn't hold a charge, so she stopped cranking. She commented on the output of the small LED, so I clicked my D10 to high, and everyone gasped. As I started shining it on the ceiling, a friend directed me to shine it at a particular spot. As I did (see me in the pic?), the ghastly image on the board appeared, and he then snapped the pic with his phone.

Was the image merely a reflection, or was it the soul of a student who couldn't make it through finals week? :candle:

Although I had 5 other lights with me, I only pulled out my L0D Q4 (holiday version) to add a pleasant disco effect with the strobe.

Now it's time to upgrade my teacher's light to a fauxton! :D

Ghost.jpg

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nitecore flashlight reveals existence of supernatural in university classroom!

You know you are a flashaholic when you need to pull out your flashlight to read the notes on you backlit laptop screen...:p

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
Re: Nitecore flashlight reveals existence of supernatural in university classroom!

I meant the notes in my notebook, but a little extra light on the screen might help me catch something I might otherwise overlook! :rolleyes:

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened

She commented on the output of the small LED, so I clicked my D10 to high, and everyone gasped...
LOL! Flashaholic nightmare, being eclipsed in their moment of triumph by some pathetic excuse for a lighting product. Disaster averted in this case.

Elliot

Newly Enlightened

OP:
Although I had 5 other lights with me

Six lights! :poke:That sounds a little excessive, even to my Flashaholic brain.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would guess that would include a couple of keychain lights.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

And thats when you whip out the SST 90 light

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Or a M6.... if people ever edc one.
I bet DM51 edc several M6s.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love these kind of stories! A flashaholic to the rescue! I always feel justified in my addiction when I get the chance to use mine!:twothumbs

Dan

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

For a moment I thought I was going to see some ghostly images after reading your heading but it turned out to be only reflections cast by the metal grating of the fluorescent lights. You had me there. :laughing:

Nice story though.

Latest posts