Time to get another weapon! BUT WHAT!?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
You ever get the fever for something new that goes bang but can't even come close to making up your mind?
I need suggestions for stuff I haven't thought of or some love/hate for the 3 I put down. But please try to not start fighting about your favorites! Don't talk about hurting people. Basically don't TRY to get the thread locked!!!!

I'd like a Sig 556 (want to try a piston designed AR not a kit or conversion) or a Springfield M1A Scout Squad (I always wanted one but are they in stock ANYWHERE?) or maybe a FN SLP (it's really past time for a good semi-auto 12ga around here). :thinking:
I have a Rock River Ar-15 I made, a Veper K AK that's very solid, a Mini-30 that's fun to knock around with, a Beretta CX4 Storm in .40 that looks like a sci-fi gun but it's really a handy little carbine, and a Moss 500 8 shot persuader that looks quite different from what it started as among several other things locked away. I guess I don't really need any of the 3 I've listed but they sure do look real nice!

I am in the mood for semi-auto and either a rifle or shotgun will do. Caliber 223 and up for rifle and 12Ga 3" shells for shotgun. Around 18 inch barrel on either would be good. No wood stocks thank you! Price limit would be around 2G and it's going on my CC but cheaper is great as long as it's still high quality. :D Nothing too exotic as I would like to have this here at home in a month or two and the real new/cool stuff usually takes a long time to get.

I DO know I have the handgun options all wrapped up about twice over and I'm not looking for another one right now.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
This is the only one that's held my interest since I found out about it..

krisssuperv.jpg

krisssuperv.jpg

Last edited:

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
There certainly are tons of options to choose from in the areas you've mentioned, and new ones seem to come out every time you turn around. I am sure others will be able to post some good suggestions. But with the possible exception of the 30.06 M1, I can't imagine anything that would in any way be significantly better than the M1A Scout. It's handy and well designed, rock solid with a proven action, and you can never really go wrong with a .308.

Semper Fi.

ducat

Newly Enlightened
I used to own a Franchi SPAS12 until they were made illegal over here. Great fun for blowing huge holes in things, especially with .72 cal rifled slugs!:devil:

Just found out they stopped manufacturing them, and banned import into the States. probably worth a fortune now, if you can find one.

Last edited:

KD5XB

Enlightened
Wow, as soon as I started to read the OP, I thought I knew the answer -- M1 Garand in .30-06 -- then I read the thing about "no wood stocks". Gee, that Garand is my selection for EVERYTHING.

But no wood stocks leaves so much out -- perhaps you could find a Winchester Model 70 with a synthetic stock, but I don't know if they market such a beast, but the Model 70 is "The Rifleman's Rifle", so you might take a look. I'd suggest in .270, but that's probably because that's what I grew up with.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
In that case, how 'bout the Remington MSR?

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/msr.htm

I'm currently saving up for one...might have to sell a body part as I'm running outta flashlights to help fund it.

gallery11.jpg

:eek::barf:

That said, I would go for either the SLP (I almost bought one) or the M1A Scout Squad. If you get the Scout Squad, you pretty much have to get a JPoint Micro or Trijicon MRD, the way the rifle is photographed for the 09 SA catalog.

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really wanted one of those Sig 556 models until I held one in my hands. It felt cheap and toyish but that is just my opinion.

I know you said tactical but I have been interested in one of the newer .22 assault rifle platforms for plinking around and some cheap fun shooting. I can't make up my mind on which one I want to purchase though.

Vesper

Enlightened
I've been wanting one of Robinson Armament's XCR (I noticed you have a Veper) for a long time. Have you considered it? I just noticed though that their prices have really gone up after all the demand of late. I guess I shouldn't have waited. Yea, go piston all the way.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that a photoshopped image, or for real? If real, what in the world is it? It looks awesome!

According to the image name (I can't see the image). It's the Kriss Super-V, a real .45ACP caliber SMG. There's a Title I version available.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Is that a photoshopped image, or for real? If real, what in the world is it? It looks awesome!

LukeA has it correct, it's a TDI Kriss Super V, a .45 ACP SMG with their unique action/mechanism; 60% less recoil and 95% less muzzle climb than similar designs, 1" groupings at 25m from a 5.5" barrel. Uses the same magazine as a Glock 21 and you can swap from between the two, plus there's an optional extension kit for 30-round capacity. Only 16" folded, 5.6 lbs, government/military version is 1100 rounds per minute. Named "Best ever SMG" by Guns & Weapons For Law Enforcement magazine, chosen #1 CQB weapon by the Military Channel, and named one of Popular Science's 100 Best Innovations Of The Year.