Output of Quark AA R5 vs D10 SP R2

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Does anyone know the output of the Quark AA R5 compared to the D10 SP R2 for both Ni-Mh and 14500?

I like the accessories for the D10 but I also want an R5 light...

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened
The Quark AA is listed at 4sevens.com as 109 lumens out the front. The D10 SP R2 is listed at 145 lumens. I don't own any Nitecore lights and I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Nitecore lists emitter lumens. If that's correct, then max output will be roughly the same.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
But where can you get a D10 SP? 4sevens site shows it is out of stock.

I belive that got the link from one of the above CPF advertisement banner, it went to the Nitecore's web site. I tried to get it again but it doesn't seem to get to that banner for me.

Also, if you seach for "D10 SP" in ebay, it should have a few retailer that carry that light.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
The Quark AA R5 will probably be sliiightly brighter, but it won't be much of a difference. The big difference will be in beamshape. The XP-G in the Quark will be more floody, with a large hotspot. The D10 will be a bit more focused of a beam.

This beamshape will probably make the D10 appear a bit brighter if you confuse lumens and lux, but the big, bright, floody beam of the Quark is very useful for close-up to medium range work.

Both good choices though... output is good enough on both of them that it comes down more to personal preferences for UI, beamshape, etc.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an EX10 SP R2 and I would think the circuit is the same as the D10. With an RCR123 my lightbox shows 145lm. My Quark AA R5 shows 205lm with a 14500.