Durable Throw @ $150

cash2006

Newly Enlightened
Last year I bought a Tiablo, dropped it on the sidewalk and broke it first week. This year , I have broken down and determined to order a $150 thrower for the car. Not wanting to repeat last year's debacle, I thought it wise to seek durability counsel. Currently leaning towards

Jetbeam M1X
DBS V3R2
Trulite Catapult
Fenix TK30

Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas,

paul

cash2006

Newly Enlightened
Really appreciate it DM 51. So sorry. No wonder all the other posts were greek.

chef4850

Enlightened
+1 on the m1-x jetbeam make a great light. Also the RRT-1 is a great light in a smaller form. DBS also a great light but I feel that jetbeam is "higher quality" IMHO.

Chef

NewTech

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the m1-x jetbeam make a great light. Also the RRT-1 is a great light in a smaller form. DBS also a great light but I feel that jetbeam is "higher quality" IMHO.

Chef

Agree. I pick M1X for combination of bright+throw.
:thumbsup:

UlrikJ

Newly Enlightened
Same here :D

I got the Jetbeam M1X last friday and I absolutely love it! The amout on light combined with the amount of throw is just plain awesome.

An on the userdefined level you can set to sos, strobe or any light level between 1-100 %. The low mode is ultra low. You can see direct into the LED without problems.

Just be aware of the donut hole it makes in the beam. Some does not like it, I don't care. :)

Oh, an the build quality of Jetbeam is very good.

jmerq9999

Newly Enlightened
What about the Surefire E2DL? It's a very impressive package. 200 lumens on high, good throw, useful low, easy to carry, good runtimes, and it even tail-stands.
I don't have any non-Surefires to compare with, but it throws pretty well and it's durable.

Last edited: