Interesting Terralux TLE300 Fact

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was playing around with my Mag 4d with TLE300 drop in and got an idea. I recently purchased some d cell battery spacers(dummy cell).I decided to see what would happen to the runtime if I ran it with 3 cells.It put out considerably less light but was still more that enough for general use.One of my complaints with the original single mode was that it was too bright for most uses. A side benefit was the increased runtime.With 1 less battery the current draw is less. It ran for 7 hours with the same amount of light before it started to diminish. I ran it for 33 hrs total at which point the light was putting out an estimated 10 lumen's.The batteries at that point were still reading a little over 1.2v.This simple dummy cell made the light a lot more useful. Need full brightness stick in 4 cells.Need long runtime and decrease brightness use 3 cells.Sort of like a poor man's 2 stage.Here is where I bought the dummy cell from in case anyone is interested. http://www.flashlightking.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=SPECIALTY_ITEMS&cart_id=396263.1665

Last edited:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting, wassit do with just 2 cells? or 1? or none at all :huh:

Latest posts