Quark AA and Quark AA Tatical clicky?

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
I'm trying to figure out what type of clicky the Quark AA and Quack AA Tactical uses before purchasing the light. From what I'm reading, both are forward clicky, is that correct? Also, does the clicky feel similar to the Kroll switch or the Stremlight Scorpion?

Edit: does it actually make a click sound too when it lock up?

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Quark AA uses a reverse clicky with UI similar to Fenix lights and the Tactical models use a forward clicky with momentary on and ofcourse has two modes you can program either mode to what brightness you want.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
The Quark AA uses a reverse clicky with UI similar to Fenix lights and the Tactical models use a forward clicky with momentary on and ofcourse has two modes you can program either mode to what brightness you want.

Oh, good to know, thanks. Otherwise, I was thinking of going for the Quark AA regular.

pipspeak

Enlightened
does anyone know if the tactical quark is available with a forward clicky switch that allows tail-standing?

batmanacw

Enlightened
I had a tactical quark 123. Hated not having instant access to more than two modes. Never would have bought the tactical if I had realized it before hand.

Forward clicky has never mattered to me. Easy access to multiple modes does.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anyone know if the tactical quark is available with a forward clicky switch that allows tail-standing?

You could use the flat tactical tailcap that is available for the Quark Turbo. It would be wider than the tactical quark bezel, but it would work.

scott

Enlightened
I just bought my father the standard model and am now wondering if he'll be able to operate the inset clicky with his arthritic hands. If I pick up a tactical tail cap for it, what happens UI?

madmook

Newly Enlightened
With the tactical clicky on a standard Quark head:

1) Use the momentary on (light press) on and off to initiate light and change modes, then click it in all the way on the mode you want and it'll stay on that brightness. For example, the medium (18 lumen) mode is the 3rd mode, so to get to it right away, give it two half-presses and on the third time click it in all the way. You'll see the Quark flash on through the modes.

2) You lose the ability to change modes once you've hard-clicked it in. Gotta turn it off and use half-presses again to cycle through/change modes.

Last edited:

scott

Enlightened
With the tactical clicky on a standard Quark head:

1) Use the momentary on (light press) on and off to initiate light and change modes, then click it in all the way on the mode you want and it'll stay on that brightness. For example, the medium (18 lumen) mode is the 3rd mode, so to get to it right away, give it two half-presses and on the third time click it in all the way. You'll see the Quark flash on through the modes.

2) You lose the ability to change modes once you've hard-clicked it in. Gotta turn it off and use half-presses again to cycle through/change modes.

Thank you. I think I understand, but am hoping you left something out. To be more specific, if the head is in the tightened position, can you still get to max with a single click?

madmook

Newly Enlightened
Oh yes, of course. On head tightened mode, the half-presses just go back and forth between turbo and strobe modes. And also forgot to mention, you can also keep the button half-pressed to maintain a mode, if you don't wanna full-click it.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
This reminds me of using the P1D-CE with the leef body/forward clicky. It works very much the same. Once you get used to it, it becomes natural.

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened
I've replaced the buttons in all three of my Fenix and all three of my Quark lights with forward clickies. This means I have to pick a mode and stick to it before pressing the button fully for the light to stay on, but it works well for me. I don't need tailstanding and I don't like reverse clickies.

So if you want a Quark AA with all the modes and a forward clicky, all you need is $9 to buy a Quark Tactical Tailcap from our friends at 4Sevens.