2AA neutral or warm white?

Soleggen

Newly Enlightened
I need a 2AA with neutral or warm white tint. Cree Q3-5A or Q4-5A would be perfect.

Minimum 2 output levels, *not* crenelated bezel, as small as possible, max 100USD.

Any suggestions for me?

Rod911

Enlightened
You are either looking at a Fenix TK20, or you can try to make up one whole light using 4Seven's Quark Accessories page in their website.

Regarding the Quark, 4Sevens only available neutral head is the tactical model. You have access to two settings only with the bezel loose or bezel tightened . However, within these two settings, you have the ability to program 5 different light levels and 3 flash modes with each setting.

liketotallyrandom

Newly Enlightened
There is the Romisen RC-N3 II Neutral White 2-mode. It's Q3-5C. I have the Q3-5C single mode version of that light, and I really like the tint and the fact it can take either a CR123A or 2xAA with the included extension tube. Pretty versatile. I'm not sure about the spacing of the modes on the 2-mode, though, because I haven't used a 2-mode RC-N3.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking for the same thing a couple of months ago. I ended up buying a Quark 123 Tactical neutral without clip and a AAx2 body to go with it. I am very pleased with the purchase. As stienke mentioned, the beam is smooth and the tint is very good (not sure any tint is "perfect").

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Consider the EagleTac P20A2 with the Neutral White option. I own it and the Fenix TK20. The EagleTac has a bit more output but is perhaps less warm. I use my EagleTac with the provided screw-in diffuser lens, leaving a flat bezel surface. Without the diffuser, I'm not sure whether you'd consider the bezel crenelated; I would call it scalloped.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Dereelight Javelin is available with a Q4-5A (perhaps Q4-5B as well). I don't have that one, but other Dereelights with the Q4-5A, their tints are more on the reddish side as my Quarks, which have a more yellowish beam, which has already been described as perfect here by Stienke. +1! :thumbsup:

The Fenix TK20 is very nice as well, yellowish to light orange in my eyes, perhaps because of the fact that the emitter is "only" a Q2? It is more or less a thrower, don't get it if you want a more universal beam...