E1 Questions

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well thanks to all of you fueling my addiction (not that I'm complaining) I am waiting on my first SF. A kindly fellow CPF'er found it within himself to sell it to me. Anything anyone would like to tell me about it? My main concern is the batteries. I thought it used 123's, but I see it eats 123A's. What's the difference? Already have a Scorpion, and not too crazy about having to get two different kinds of batteries, figured I could bulk up on 123's. don't really see getting very heavy use out of it. only reason I had to change out the batts in the SL was that I left it on after a recent frantic search for a misplaced wedding band, wasn't thinking straight as the threat of castration was looming in the near future. Otherwise it's been six months since buying the SL and using the batts that came with it. I had some reservations about the E1, but I couldn't help myself, the two main slogans I see here are "get an Arc" and "get one of each". So what else could I do? Hey, it was on sale, I got a good deal on it, etc., etc.
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Same exact batteries. If it says 123 in it (CR123 DL123A RV123) it's a 123.

You can also split 223s for 2 123s.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Mostly a brand thing--IR DL123s are Duracells whereas CR123s are Energizers? Ever purchased button cells and used a cross-brand refrence chart?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Saaby:
Mostly a brand thing--IR DL123s are Duracells whereas CR123s are Energizers? Ever purchased button cells and used a cross-brand refrence chart?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually EL123s are Energizers.
wink.gif

SF123s are Surefire brand.

CR123A is the generic term for that type of battery.

If you want your batteries to go that extra mile in your E1, get a KL1 LED upgrade bezel.
(Sorry, but someone had to say it
grin.gif
)

No bulb to burn out and longer battery life.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want your batteries to go that extra mile in your E1, get a KL1 LED upgrade bezel.

icon14.gif
Yeah, I've thought about it (translation=will get around to getting one)
winkie.jpg
Waiting to see how it fares and the reviews. Which one would you suggest?
BTW, any sites with reviews of the E1?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can see some comparison pictures of the E1e & E1 here. The E1e & E1 are the same size and have the same light output. The only difference is the E1e has a pyrex lens & a clip on the body. I have an E1 now & have just put up pictures of it.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
webley...got your MO in the mail this afternoon. I'll put the E1 and accessories in the mail first thing tomorrow. Hope you enjoy it...and Thanx again!!!

PJD