Magicshine 900 / Tesla

Gaz1977

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Magicshine 900 to complement my Lupine Tesla 4.

http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=22

I've read that the Magicshine 900 charger is potentially dangerous.

Is it possible for me to charge the Magicshine batteries with my Tesla Charger???

Will it be safer and what components will I need to ensure it's safe & possible?

Will it have any adverse effects on my Lupine charger?

Any other info would be great as I'm a novice with electrics and what not.

Thanks.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read that the Magicshine 900 charger is potentially dangerous.
All lithium ion cells are potentially dangerous if abused or improperly charged. The included charger is about as cheap as the light and the cell which comes with it.

Is it possible for me to charge the Magicshine batteries with my Tesla Charger???
No

Will it be safer and what components will I need to ensure it's safe & possible?
No, a low quality 18650 cell will always be a low quality 18650 cell.

Will it have any adverse effects on my Lupine charger?
N/A

Honestly the "900 lumen" light will not make 900 lumens guaranteed. It's a low quality no name generic brand with low quality generic 18650 cell. I'd bet the Tesla setup you have will outperform it in brightness and in beam pattern.

Invest in a higher quality light and higher quality LiIon cells and charger.
The standard recommended cell here on CPF are AW cells. AW sells them in the Dealaer's Corner of the CPF Marketplace. You can also find them at a good price on lighthound.com. The best basic LiIon charger i probibly the Pila IBC Charger. They're tough to track down, as only a couple websites carry them, a lower cost alternative is the Ultrafire WF139 charger. Go to the battery secion here and read up on Lithium Ion safety.
:welcome: