lights for gifts

jamie.91

Enlightened
hey CPF

i was wondering, with it coming up to christmas and people giving lights as gifts, how to you present them ?

i have got my dad a lumapower LM31 but i dont want to give it him in a scabby blister pack lol

hopefully here we could share some ides on how to present lights as gifts i.e presentation boxes and where to get them lol

i hope this thread also has a relevance to some other people on CPF

thanks jamie

balou

Enlightened
I've ordered 5 of those: http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.28548

As I know DX, they'll just come in some bubblewrap.
I dunno yet how to pack them - just wrapping them like candy would be an idea. Would accentuate their small size, altough I don't know if that is such a good thing...

I only hope that
1. they arrive by christmas
2. they'll work

edit: Yes I know that they're shown with packaging. But the manufacturer may have left out the packaging by now, or DX removes it because I ordered with bulk rate rebate. And besides, look at the package... cheaply made and full of spelling errors/general engrish weirdness. Some sort of gift box would surely look better.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
If the light has enough runtime, how about freezing it inside a block of ice while it's running and then present it that way before the cells are depleted (AA lithiums maybe?).
Yes, I know: :wtf:
;)

Roberts30

Enlightened
If the light has enough runtime, how about freezing it inside a block of ice while it's running and then present it that way before the cells are depleted (AA lithiums maybe?).
;)
LoL.. Nice idea, this would also demonstrate the lights durability to a non-CPFer.. :twothumbs

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
;)

:laughing:very creative!:laughing:

-Mayo

LeeDeaton

Newly Enlightened
I bought 6 Maratac AAAs for my family (and one for myself), and of course they just came in little plastic bags, so I found some little pretty Christmas-y boxes to put them in. Not exactly elegant, but it gets the job done. I just hope they'll be amazed by the light enough to forget about the packaging.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
;)

I like this; very cool and creative idea for presentation.

jamie.91

Enlightened
i love the freezing idea but i dont know if a lumapower LM31 is up to the job lmao, i dont want to give him a broken light on christmas day (maybe i should freeze it tonight as a test ?

thanks jamie