Dead TK12

T-3

Newly Enlightened
So... I finally get to put my brand new TK12 to work. I'm down in the crawl space of our new home (we just took possession today) vacuuming in the corners using the TK12 to light my way. It slips out of my hand, falls to the floor from about 1 foot at the most, lands on the (concrete) floor bevel first, puts a very, very little nick in it and POOF... the light goes out! :candle: Won't go back on... nothing works... what the heck did I do? What could have happened? Should this light not be able to take a 1 foot drop?? Maybe it's defective? Guess I'll be putting a call into Fenix for a replacement!! :mecry::mad:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Disarm and rearm all parts, clean the contacts.
2. Remove your tailcap and short the battery negative side with the body.

If after this it doesnt work, contact fenix for a replacement.

T-3

Newly Enlightened
1. Disarm and rearm all parts, clean the contacts.
2. Remove your tailcap and short the battery negative side with the body.

If after this it doesnt work, contact fenix for a replacement.
Thanks for the suggestions... I'll give this a try tomorrow (it's at the new house... we're back at the rental till the morning). I'm a newbie... what do you mean by disarm & rearm? Sorry if this is a :rolleyes: silly question! I appreciate your quick reply!

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unscrew all parts, head and tailcap, and then clean the threads. Then put everything back

brianch

Enlightened
Definitely something wrong. I have thrown my TK10 into a while before (it was an accident haha) it didnt even scratch. Works fine.

T-3

Newly Enlightened
Definitely something wrong. I have thrown my TK10 into a while before (it was an accident haha) it didnt even scratch. Works fine.
Yeah.. I figure a tiny drop like this shouldn't have phased it one bit! I'm going to give richardcpf's suggestion(s) a try tomorrow and if it's still not working... back to Fenix it goes for a replacement! :shakehead

Marduke

Flashaholic
Also try new batteries. I have forceably throw the T1 into a concrete floor hard enough to chip the concrete, send the light bouncing 3 feet into the air, and dent the positive and negatives ends of the battery enough that it couldn't make contact. Light still worked fine however...

T-3

Newly Enlightened
Nothing has worked... :shakehead Gonna have to e-mail Fenix and start the process of returning it for repair or replacement! Good thing a bunch of my other orders have been arriving over the last few days... I still have stuff to play with! :D Thanks for the suggestions... I appreciate the quick responses! lovecpf

T-3

Newly Enlightened
The excellent folks at Tactical LED's are going to replace the dead TK12 for me! :thumbsup: I'll be shipping it off tomorrow and then eagerly awaiting the replacement! Thanks again for all the tips to try and fix it myself. :)