SureFire nylon holsters not recommened?

Catapult

Enlightened
I read from a post months ago about using the SureFire holsters are not good for the SureFire light. Why is that? Are the SureFire holsters rough, therefore, it may wear the light eventually?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i'd have a hard time believing that nylon would wear ha3 any time soon...at least for those sf's that are ha3.

but having no experience with such a thing, i'm afraid i can't say why they wouldn't be recommended.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got two of them, one for my 9P, the other for my 9N. Both are well made. The only two negatives are that the Velcro wears out, and also comes apart from the nylon (stitching comes loose), but that has happened with most soft nylon products I've seen. The other problem is that if the light turns on for a long time, it will melt the nylon (as well as the Lexan lens). Again this will happen to any synthetic holster, nylon, Kydex, Uncle Mikes and Bianchi's fake leather, whatever.

Catapult

Enlightened
Wouldn't have a problem with the melting, because it never happened before, and I always check my lights I carry (force of habit) to make sure that they are with me and that they are off.

Velcro wearing off? Everything wears off eventually... switches, buttons, finishes, the soles of our shoes...